• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Texas de Brasil...

j2sgam

...anybody ever eat there? Im down in Orlando for work and the Bossman took us there for dinner last night. Flat out awesome..Had to be the best salad bar I have ever seen, had a bunch of items you dont usually see -sun-dried tomatoes, proscuitto, 5 kinds of olive, a Brazilian vinaigrette, some phenomenal salsas, just great all the way around. Then for the meal there are a couple of kinds of sauteed mushrooms, some au gratin potatoes, 2 kinds of rice to compliment the meat. On the table they give you a boat of mashed potatoes, some carmelized bananas "to clear your palette" between meats.

Now, the meat...Each person at the table gets a disc, green on 1 side, red the other. When you want meat show green, when you want to hold off, show red. These guys walk around with a skewer of meat about 3 feet long, and ask if you would like a piece of what they have. They then cut you a piece/chunk of whatever tasty meat they are carrying. Now, I am no amateur at the dinner table, I get my money's worth at a buffet, make no bones about it. I must have had 12 different kinds of super tasty, grilled beef or pork. There were 3 or 4 different kinds of chicken that I declined, and I was too full when the guy came around with the leg of lamb. Surprisingly they did not serve veal. I know its primarily served in Italian dishes, but having Italian roots I love me some baby cow. So here is what I remember having, in no particular order:

Sirloin

Garlic Sirloin

Bacon wrapped Sirloin

Brazilian sausage

Pork tenderloin

Parmesan encrusted Pork Loin

Lamb chop

Flank Steak

Filet Mignon

Brazilian Pork Ribs

...and there are a few I dont remember at this point. Anyway, I just wanted to share this awesome dining experience. If yous have a chance to go, I highly recommend it. But if you do go, bring your appetite, pace yourself, and try as much as you can. It was like $50 a head, but it was well worth it.

Archived