• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lost a great dog today

ladypanther

Molly:

[ATTACH]32361[/ATTACH]

A wonderful friend and companion died unexpectedly on Saturday.

She was a native of Polk County ( I think...at least where she was found...and likely had been abandoned).

By birth, expected to be a hunting dog, she was instead a lover. Sweet natured, she sometimes chased things for fun, but never hurt another creature. She was sweet, loyal, smart and had an independent spirit. She never met a fence that she could not get out of or break in to.

She is survived by her adopted son, Max, another 4 legged housemate Maggie, and her loving owner Melissa, aka, ladypanther, and several other 4 legged friends.

A celebration of her outstanding life was held on the beautiful spring day that she departed this world. The burial was at the edge of the woods that she loved to roam and where she could monitor the groundhog den she recently discovered and keep watch over the house that was her home.

This dog broke my heart today. She was about 8 years old. She had no signs of illness. When I found her today there were no signs of any problems. My guess has to be something like a heart attack.

I think that Molly was supposed to be a hunting dog but that she failed hunting class....she hated loud noises...especially gunshots. Likely her first owner just turned her loose. She was a full Treeing Walker Coon Hound. When I found her years ago, she had what looked like a tumor on her leg. The vet said it was from being kept on concrete. Molly fixed that....the first piece of furniture she found in my house was my bed. She slept in that bed every night for nearly 6 years. Molly was a great dog. She had that wonderful hound bay. I will miss that...and I will miss her.

Guest CatofWar

Sorry to hear. I know how hard it can be to lose a pet. When my boy went it was like I lost my first born. She'll be waiting at the bridge for ya.

So sorry, ladypanther. Let me tell you something. A lot of animals get treated like crap in this world. Molly was one of the few that hit the lottery when you found her. Hope that's some consolation. Hopefully it will be when the pain of losing her wears off.

Archived