• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Red Dead Redemption

The Other Colbert

While PC has innovated everything that has ever had to do with video games, I can't remember a time when it was actually a major competitor to consoles.
I remember a time when consoles almost died out in the early to mid 80's before Nintendo brought consoles back. When I first started playing video games it was on a TI-99 4A or whatever it was called...then it was the Commodore 64...then an Apple. When I first started playing video games, there were more computer games than console games. Of course I owned quite a few consoles as well, starting with the Atari 2600.

Depends on who you talk to. You could go get a pooty premade with 8gb ram, and slap in a 650w+ psu and video card (sli if possible, which is using two video cards on one motherboard. Not all motherboards support this) and play games with no problem.

But PC gaming is a major headache unless you enjoy tech poo. With more control and more power comes more flaws and compatibility issues.

I'm not a fan of building from scratch though, especially if you've never really messed with PC gaming before. Better to go with a solid prebuilt, refurb, or barebones kit and upgrade as you learn.

I just like the fact that you completely danced around giving a dollar amount, BTW, did you know that My computer is probably more expensive then yours(maybe even more powerful)?

I just like the fact that you completely danced around giving a dollar amount, BTW, did you know that My computer is probably more expensive then yours(maybe even more powerful)?

More expensive, yes. My pre-mod build can be purchased now for around 350$. More powerful? I doubt it. My little dual core rig runs circles around any quad-core I've seen, mostly because I know what I'm doing.

As far as a price on a top of the line gaming rig? (Which would have the processing power of 4 360's) All depends on how top of the line it is. I'd say a solid gaming computer could be build for 750$. If you want to shock the world...oh 1200$+.

But you could just go buy some poo ass prebuilt made by HP or Compaq for 1500$ that isn't worth shitting on too.

If you ask someone that buys into that 'building your own pc is superior" then they'll give you different estimates.

I didn't dance around the question at all. The price of a "top end" pc varies from day to day, depending on what kind of a deal or sale you can catch, whether you're going prebuilt, barebones, or building it yourself.

The answer just isn't as simple as "1000 BUCKS DUDE".

Sorry.

I remember a time when consoles almost died out in the early to mid 80's before Nintendo brought consoles back. When I first started playing video games it was on a TI-99 4A or whatever it was called...then it was the Commodore 64...then an Apple. When I first started playing video games, there were more computer games than console games. Of course I owned quite a few consoles as well, starting with the Atari 2600.

Oh yeah, Tandy's and Commodore 64's. My first PC was a Tandy 486. And I remember that break in gaming between the 2600 and the Nintendo. EVERYONE had written video gaming off as dead. PC is doing about what it always has done, and that's attract gamers that are generally more intelligent than the console fanbases. PC's might have sold more games during that lull, but that's because there simply was no competition to be found.

The multiplayer is totally jacked right now lol. Missing guns from hands, missing hats, missing bodies, missing horses, flying hats, and to top it off, you get disconnected randomly, often, due to a "network failure".

I did play with my buddy for a bit between disconnects. Funnest part was tearing down gang hideouts and things like that. I can already tell that there will be issues with spawn killing, as once a player kills you, you respawn pretty close to them. Another thing will be joining a room with a bunch of high level guys in a posse 4+ just owning everyone. I don't think multiplayer will be a good success with this game though, maybe I'm wrong, but when quality of game is in the hands' of the players, well, you can imagine. I don't think free roam is exactly like they advertised though, it's kind of hand holding in a way. However, I can't make final judgement until the bugs and disconnects are at least fixed.

Single player is fun though. Battle system is pretty repetitive but not that bad. If multiplayer doesn't pan out I'll be pretty disappointed I didn't just rent/gamefly this game though. So far, single player is what I expected and it's a great game with just that, multiplayer is a let down so far though.

Single player is fun though. Battle system is pretty repetitive but not that bad. If multiplayer doesn't pan out I'll be pretty disappointed I didn't just rent/gamefly this game though. So far, single player is what I expected and it's a great game with just that, multiplayer is a let down so far though.

Pretty much what I was expecting. I'll get the game tomorrow. Looking forward to the 20+ hour campaign.

PC is doing about what it always has done, and that's attract gamers that are generally more intelligent than the console fanbases.

That's the most ignorant statement I've read in a while. How about staying on topic. If you want to post your garbage about how superior you are since you "only" game on a PC, start another thread that no one will have to read through.

Jesus Christ you turn everything into PC elitism. This section of the forum is terrible.

If you'd go back and read through the thread instead of just jumping in at the tail end, you'd see the consolefags started this poo again.

That's the most ignorant statement I've read in a while. How about staying on topic. If you want to post your garbage about how superior you are since you "only" game on a PC, start another thread that no one will have to read through.

So you're the 'on topic' enforcer?

If you can't see the relevance in the issues discussed on an internet forum, that's your problem, not mine.

Archived