• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Red Dead Redemption

The Other Colbert

All I need.

I played the multiplayer at lunch for about 45 minutes. It's pretty good. I think it will be a crap load of fun once i get with all of my friends so we can steamroll some other posses.

If you think it sounds like work, then you have no idea what work is.

Get over yourself.

Arguing about the ease of plugging in a console versus building a computer is a bit odd. You will have to forgive me. I am used to ps3 vs 360 debate. The console vs pc is new to me.

I just prefer to have total and absolute control over my gaming system, with the flexibility to do anything any digital instrument can do, instead of being limited to 16gb flash drives or having to pay just to browse Youtube.

Steam has party chats, chat rooms, in game voice chat, supports clans, and allows you to store all of your games on your hard-drive instead of having to worry about dvds.

They also support dedicated servers, allow for dedicated servers to be run by players and clans. You even get your own dedicated clan page, and group chatroom that you can make public, private, or officers only.

As a clan leader on Steam you can set permissions, such as who can invite, who can kick, who can ban, and who can join.

Steam also runs sales on games every weekend, with some being as much as 75% off, and once a month or so, offer a multiplayer game free to play for 3 days.

All for free.

I played the multiplayer at lunch for about 45 minutes. It's pretty good. I think it will be a crap load of fun once i get with all of my friends so we can steamroll some other posses.

Excellent thanks!

Ordered on Amazon so I could get that $20 card, but couldnt get it shipped for today. Looks like I'll be waiting 3-5 days. Damnit.

The co-op multiplayer freeroam looks so legit. We have to start a Huddle gang with everyone here on xbl.

It's all good man. I enjoy console gaming. I don't need to complicate my life any further.

Just out of curiousity, how much does a top of the line gaming rig cost to build??

Depends on who you talk to. You could go get a pooty premade with 8gb ram, and slap in a 650w+ psu and video card (sli if possible, which is using two video cards on one motherboard. Not all motherboards support this) and play games with no problem.

But PC gaming is a major headache unless you enjoy tech poo. With more control and more power comes more flaws and compatibility issues.

I'm not a fan of building from scratch though, especially if you've never really messed with PC gaming before. Better to go with a solid prebuilt, refurb, or barebones kit and upgrade as you learn.

I haven't tried the mulitplayer yet, but I have been playing the single player for a couple of hours now. So far it's fantastic. Great visuals, background music, and controls. I haven't done a whole lot except for killing and skinning animals. I have had my first duel in Armadillo, though. I also played some poker, which seems pretty good. It was tournament style hold'em. I played for about 15 or 20 minutes and it was down to me and this other dude. I wanted to get to playing the game a bit more so I went all in on one hand and lost.

Great game so far, and I haven't even scratched the surface. It feels like an actual western, and I never got that feeling from playing Gun or the first Red Dead Redemption.

Archived