• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2025 QB Draft Class

*FreeFua*

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Moton has been playing great and is our best OL in a solid group. Depending on the numbers an extension could be a win/win. I hate to let a talented OL walk for nothing. 
I feel like the cap akways looks good 2 years out. Then we shuffle our roster and it looks rough in the immediate future. 

he has been playing fine, pff has him at 69 and that really doesnt justify 30+ million per, reworking it or extending him just eats up the cap down the road and he is getting older.  I like him but a good RT shouldnt be that hard to find in the draft, we need to keep getting younger everywhere it looks like

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/12320/geno-smith

His contract looks like a team friendly as they can pretty much cut him with little dead cap and would be saving quite a bit.  But they will be without a qb.  Lots of football left for sure but taking on an expensive 35 year old qb would be very panthery.  

They just traded for Sam Howell and now they get a nice close look at him.  I could also see their new HC wanted to draft one to develop while he keeps upgrading his defense which is his bread and butter.  I'm just throwing out ideas.  People were wanting to extend Dalton a couple games ago and he is even older.  A nice 3 year deal for a 35 year old proven QB isn't terrible.  It gives us another couple years to find one to learn behind him (I'm think the 26 class might have some good ones).  It also lets us use our early draft picks to try to inject some talent in this defense.