• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2025 QB Draft Class

*FreeFua*

1 hour ago, Martin said:

I’m still leaning towards someone like Allar, i.e. someone young with all the tools but in need of seasoning, and letting him sit for at least one year. 

ewers draft stock has to be taking a hit as well.  Injury concerns may cause him to drop.  Would be incredibly sweet to snag him in the 2nd, doubtful but the longer he doesnt play who knows what happens

• Flames 1

Depending on how well Dalton continues to play the rest of the season I think it's entirely possible we pass on a QB and just re-sign Andy and build the team up for another year or two before going QB.

Obviously much depends on where we end up picking. If we're picking top-5 we probably have to go QB; if it's 6-12 range it'll depend if one drops; below that we're probably better off just going WR/DE and either giving the 2nd round QBs a look or passing altogether.

Having said that, my current QB rankings are:

1. Cam Ward
2. Shedeur Sanders
3. Garrett Nussmeier
4. Carson Beck
5. Quinn Ewers
6. Jalen Milroe

20 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Depending on how well Dalton continues to play the rest of the season I think it's entirely possible we pass on a QB and just re-sign Andy and build the team up for another year or two before going QB.

Obviously much depends on where we end up picking. If we're picking top-5 we probably have to go QB; if it's 6-12 range it'll depend if one drops; below that we're probably better off just going WR/DE and either giving the 2nd round QBs a look or passing altogether.

Having said that, my current QB rankings are:

1. Cam Ward
2. Shedeur Sanders
3. Garrett Nussmeier
4. Carson Beck
5. Quinn Ewers
6. Jalen Milroe

sure but there absolutely has to be a young dude on the roster that is trying to be developed.  If its not the draft then not sure where he comes from

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

sure but there absolutely has to be a young dude on the roster that is trying to be developed.  If its not the draft then not sure where he comes from

Oh absolutely. I'm talking about QB in the 1st round. If we don't go QB early we absolutely should be drafting a developmental guy in the middle rounds.

17 hours ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Oh absolutely. I'm talking about QB in the 1st round. If we don't go QB early we absolutely should be drafting a developmental guy in the middle rounds.

If we got this route, Milroe, Nussimeier, or Allar in the second round could be good developmental guys. I like Milroe's leadership qualities and he bring a run element.

• Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

If we got this route, Milroe, Nussimeier, or Allar in the second round could be good developmental guys. I like Milroe's leadership qualities and he bring a run element.

If we're going for a developmental guy I like Milroe just based on physical traits alone, but he's very raw as a passer. Allar is kind of the same thing, but a little more developed as a pure passer and less of a run threat. I like Nussimeier, but I feel like he sneaks into the 1st round. He strikes me as the best fit of the three you mentioned for what Canales seems to want to run on offense.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jaxel said:

This is the ideal scenario. A pass rusher in the first and then a developmental QB in the second. Hopefully Rams continue to struggle and we get a very high pick in the second round.

I've heard some folks say this isn't a strong QB draft.  Is it because no one has the traits the TV scouts like?  Look, I don't watch a lot of college football, I just see the highlights sometimes.  I also have zero faith in my ability to judge a football player...

Seems like there are lot f interesting players though.  

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

27 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Milroe stock is rising. I have heard people mention he could go #1 if he keeps playing the way he is.

I actually wanted him in the later rounds as a project QB. That looks unrealistic right now.

I think he is still too raw to go one, if he where like Josh Allen size I could see it. There is some recency bias there, but once it's all said and done he will probably be mid first round early second, imo. Think right now the top the is a mix of Sanders, Ewers, and Ward, then there is a second tier than includes Milroe, obviously this could change.

22 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

I think he is still too raw to go one, if he where like Josh Allen size I could see it. There is some recency bias there, but once it's all said and done he will probably be mid first round early second, imo. Think right now the top the is a mix of Sanders, Ewers, and Ward, then there is a second tier than includes Milroe, obviously this could change.

Is Ewers even going to get his job back from Arch?