• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Trevin Wallace LB - Pick 72, Round 3

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Do we have any actual centers on the roster? I mean guys who actually primarily played the position in the NFL or hell, even college for that matter?

I think they snatched up an UDFA from Arkansas or something. Not much to be excited about, but worst case he should be able to get the ball to the QB without false starting or falling on his face. 

• Pie 2

29 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Do we have any actual centers on the roster? I mean guys who actually primarily played the position in the NFL or hell, even college for that matter?

Which is why the brooks pick is still incredibly peculiar 

4 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Which is why the brooks pick is still incredibly peculiar 

I don’t feel that. I am a never take a RB high person but it is significant that they advertised the run game and we had Sanders and Chuba and a couple JAGs basically.

If you look at it through the lens of propping up the QB, it may be more understandable. They are going to the extreme on that. 

On 6/1/2024 at 10:28 AM, kungfoodude said:

We just get cute at such bad times. Or we tend to draft on need rather than BPA. Most of the draft mistakes, we fuging make.

Our last draft is littered with that. Pick one, trade up to get a guy that is far from a sure thing. Moderately high ceiling but ultimately project player. Which....what was the rush on a guy like that? There are more guys in perhaps lower tiers. Not a major offense but just not super smart IMO.

Second pick, overdrafted for a very good football player but just not paying attention to positional value at all. Bigger needs and higher positional value available. Again, absolutely do not dislike the player but is the difference in Brooks and say a 3rd or 4th round RB big enough to warrant passing on a new starting center? A LB? EDGE? 

Then promptly in the 3rd we make a major reach(IMO) on a high level athlete with questionable football abilities. So, basically a guy that immediately projects as a special teams player. Well, what value is that in the 3rd? In the first 1-3 rounds, you need to be looking at guys that have a shot at actually being in your two deep. When is this guy seeing the field, exactly? 2 years? 3? And that's probably best case. That's not a 3rd rounder, that's a 5th-7th rounder or a UDFA.

It’s amazing this continues to happen after coaching and GM changes. 

• Beer 1

What a terrible draft...again

48 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

It’s amazing this continues to happen after coaching and GM changes. 

Is it? Tepper keeps hiring the same kind of people so it's really no big surprise. Who was the expert in the hiring process. Caldwell...0% surprise unfortunately

• Beer 2

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

look at the roster, or let me google that for you

Edited by csx

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's already been answered, but thank you for your two useless cents anyway.

153 mil on OGs but it's an UDFA and an OG at center like that is a praise worthy master plan. Suddenly that rookie OC in the 2nd or 3rd is looking like a better plan...

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

153 mil on OGs but it's an UDFA and an OG at center like that is a praise worthy master plan. Suddenly that rookie OC in the 2nd or 3rd is looking like a better plan...

When you put it like that.... 

I guess if C is handled we can deduce someone knows something we don’t over there. But how would we know? It just seems typical. Seems like every plan has a black cat component.

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Maybe we've just figured out that this 27 year old former 2nd round pick coming off of two season ending knee injuries has just been playing the wrong position his entire life and we're about to free him up to shine.

I struggle to recall such a thing actually working out but hey, we'll see.

• Flames 1