• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Magic Johnson vs Larry Bird

Zod

Really good documentary on HBO on demand right now on this rivalry. I did not realize they faced eachother in the NCAA final back in '79.

This show makes me like Bird even more. That guy never gave two shits about what anyone said about him and still doesn't.

Lots of really interesting stuff in that show, highly recommended.

A classic Bird story. Before the Converse shoot with Magic he was out at his court. After some small talk with producers Bird took a FLAT bball and threw it the length of the court...SWISH. They said he went running around like he just won the NBA Champ.

THAT...is Larry Bird.

Those were the days my friends and I made it a point to watch the games. Start to finish.

Use to love during the playoffs and the Finals getting the crew out in the backyard on our court we made of bricks. Even made it look like the Gahden. Classic battles well past 1am. Floodlights and hoops were the shizzle

Really good documentary on HBO on demand right now on this rivalry. I did not realize they faced eachother in the NCAA final back in '79.

This show makes me like Bird even more. That guy never gave two poos about what anyone said about him and still doesn't.

Lots of really interesting stuff in that show, highly recommended.

I went to college (Indiana State University) with Larry! My buddy was roommates with Tom Crowder who was on the 1979 NCAA team!

That was a great time! Larry took ISU from a little po-dunk university and put us on the map!

Oh, by the way, Billy Packer sucks!!!!

Archived