• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nuke Hunting in MW2

Doc Holiday

Ok, I've started Nuke Hunting For the first time this past week, I would first off say if you think you don't have a chance to get a nuke this round because either the other team is pretty good or your team sucks and so on, ignore that feeling because your wrong. I've missed 6 nukes by thinking that. And one yesterday in particular I didn't have it equiped because it was my first game of the day and ended up going on a 29 killstreak to start the match.

The best setup is the Harrier/Chopper Gunner/Nuke, the Chopper Gunner is better for this then the AC-130, while the AC will stay up a lot longer on average the chopper gunner tends to get better angles even though it gets shot down a lot.

I have a regular team I play with but I have found it a lot easier if you don't play with a lot of good players, it can be tough to get a nuke when you have a lot of people gunning for kills.

Anywhoo I have 2 nukes in about 4 days of hunting, the second one I got using a ERB in CTF, anyone else nuke hunting or have a good nuke story?

I've gotten like 26 Nukes. All camping, once I got that Nuke Emblem, I was satisfied enough where I don't play for Nukes anymore.

I enjoy killing people who are like 20-0 though.

Longest KS is 37.

My first one I got camping, my second one though was not, I was running around with a Acog ERB in 3rd person team tac and was just soaking the map in they're blood.

BTW acog ERB in 3rd person is sick, it will make you realize why there is no Red dot or iron sight option for it in the multiplayer. You never have to fire more then 2 times to kill someone and that's only if the first shot doesn't kill him.

IMO the ERB is the Best gun in the game.

where does one camp and get 37 kills in a row?

You don't have to camp the whole time just run a 7-9-11 setup and as long as they don't shoot anything down right away you could get a very long killstreak, my longest so far is 30 (3 times) but that was off a 5-7-11 before I started hunting nukes, after I get 10 nukes I'm gonna run a 7-9-11 and see if I can go on a 40-50 killstreak.

Every once in a while I'll run a nuke set up, but I'd rather play the game out rather then end it once I get 25 kills in a row. When I have gotten nukes, it's pretty much always with scavenger/claymores. As of now I've been running 3/5/7 with a Barrett/Intervention pretty much running and gunning. Just got the Fall camo for the .50 cal so I suppose I'll get it for the Intervention. It tanks my K/d ratio but it's a lot more fun.

Archived