• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best sushi restaurant in Charlotte area?

X-Clown

Piggybacking off the sub thread, what's your favorite sushi restaurant around the area?

For value and quality combo, I gotta go with Ru-Sans. Sushi 101 is probably my 2nd favorite. I like Enzo, but it's way overpriced, and any sushi place that does not have a bottle of Siracha sauce at each table can not be taken seriously. I tried MAI at Ayrsley last night, it was more like the Sushi that you would buy at Harris Teeter.

New Zealand Cafe at Sardis Crossing. Probably the best i have had in Charlotte for quality and price. Sushi 101 made me sick twice. I will never go back. Nikkos is good too but is pricey. I like Ru sans but it's weird having Juan Pablo Montoya making your sushi rolls.

New Zealand Cafe at Sardis Crossing. Probably the best i have had in Charlotte for quality and price. Sushi 101 made me sick twice. I will never go back. Nikkos is good too but is pricey. I like Ru sans but it's weird having Juan Pablo Montoya making your sushi rolls.

Kathy is awesome at New Zealand.

Sushi 101 is disgusting. Awful. And why is the measure of a Sushi place dependent on a hot Thai pepper sauce that totally eliminates any subtle fish flavor?? You will probably do well just to get your Cailforina Rolls from the Harris Teeter.

As for places in Charlotte, my favorite is Yama. Nikko has been ok, but there are just times when i want to eat sushi without having my brain pounded by Club Music.

The Soul tapas place on Central/Pecan is pretty good.

Ill second this as being ok. They do give you humongous pieces of fish btw....

I had one bad experience here, as i got some FOUL Salmon roe during one visit. Again, with the booming music...especially later in the evening.s

Archived