• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Giants looking to trade for Brian Burns

3 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Fwiw, the article doesn't say what Morgan wanted to do.  It just says he didn't dissent/disagree with his boss.  Those are two different things and we have no if Morgan dissented in private or what the relationship was between Morgan and Fitterer. The one who did dissent was fired, so maybe Morgan knew better than to air his dissent.  

lol

8 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Healthy just strings out a giant cap waste. That was true on his 5th year option money but not at what they are paying.

CMC got banged up before this in SF too. It's not like he went there, was 100% healthy and just now broke down. They paid him because he is worth it when he is on the field enough. Especially for a contender with a game managing QB on a rookie deal. The crying needs to be put to rest. Moore was a worse loss than CMC.

I'm just saying between the two obviously McCaffrey is infinitely more talented but he also has a knack for getting paid big and then getting injured and taking off to live the high life while his team is left to pick up the pieces.

I would agree Moore was the most egregious of the three given what we traded and received in return and he has the highest upside given his age and health status. But even he's finding out what it's like to play in Chicago. Neither of the three were an insurmountable loss to the team. That's the truth. All that has ever mattered is that we build forward with some level of competence and develop new talent. Hopefully that's happening.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, frankw said:

I'm just saying between the two obviously McCaffrey is infinitely more talented but he also has a knack for getting paid big and then getting injured and taking off to live the high life while his team is left to pick up the pieces.

I would agree Moore was the most egregious of the three given what we traded and received in return and he has the highest upside given his age and health status. But even he's finding out what it's like to play in Chicago. Neither of the three were an insurmountable loss to the team. That's the truth. All that has ever mattered is that we build forward with some level of competence and develop new talent. Hopefully that's happening.

CMC was always injury prone from early on. He is a high talent and high usage guy, freak level. He is paid because of that even though he is often injured at some level. I just don't like the take he gets paid and then injured. He was always getting injured, even on his rookie deal. SF knew what they signed up for and was in the playoffs. We had the same deal but were often out of the hunt early anyways. Just a lot of bad takes about that IMO.

The funny thing about Moore to me is he was also the one most of the fan base had the least issue with moving.

Edited by Waldo

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

CMC was always injury prone from early on. He is a high talent and high usage guy, freak level. He is paid because of that even though he is often injured at some level. I just don't like the take he gets paid and then injured. He was always getting injured, even on his rookie deal. SF knew what they signed up for and was in the playoffs. We had the same deal but were often out of the hunt early anyways. Just a lot of bad takes about that IMO.

The funny thing about Moore to me is he was also the one most of the fan base had the least issue with moving.

Yeah the issue has always been for you to maximize him he has to be the focal point and with that his touch rate is absurdly high which means you're just waiting for the other shoe to drop. All of this is why it's important to stop thinking huge investment in running back is necessary to compete. You start with the OL and QB then go from there. With CMC we had no OL and no QB. Definition of cart before the horse. Just comically mismanaged.

Yeah it's funny how much people went out of their way to diminish Moore despite what he had to work with here but they learned the hard way didn't they? Jokes on them.

All I can do is hope the powers that be here are learning because all they have to do is look around the league at what successful teams are doing. Keep investing in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Develop your QB's. Draft WR and RB instead of overpaying for the position. Fundamentally this really is not that difficult. The difficult part is consistently drafting well. I think the duo of Morgan and Canales has potential for staying power kind of like the pair of Beane and McDermott in Buffalo. We just need Tepper and his wife to let them do their jobs.

• Beer 1

I never understood why you draft a rookie QB and ship out the best WR on your team signed to a very affordable deal, comparatively anyway.

One of the ten football commandments is a running game and defense are necessary to their development but a reliable target at WR has to be one too.