• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Giants looking to trade for Brian Burns

40 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Dan was one of the FO guys that didnt want to trade him to the rams along with fitt.  

Do you have literally any proof of this statement? 

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah that was a mistake but at least he knew not to pay him all that money a few years later.  

Heck even trading him to chi town instead of Moore would have been way better DJ already had his extension.

5 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

Heck even trading him to chi town instead of Moore would have been way better DJ already had his extension.

I'm just looking at when he was the actual GM.  Backing a decision his boss made is a kind of gray area IMO.  

• Flames 2

5 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

Is there any reason to believe Morgan was secretly against every bad decision Fitt made?  

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Is there any reason to believe Morgan was secretly against every bad decision Fitt made?  

I don't think he was, but I am also taking the "he backed his boss's decision on X" with a grain of salt.  We will just have to see how different it looks with him actually running the show.  

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Is there any reason to believe he wasn't? Most people wouldn't publicly disagree with their boss/superior.  It's a statement of pure opinion with no facts backing it up.

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I'm just looking at when he was the actual GM.  Backing a decision his boss made is a kind of gray area IMO.  

This  ^^^  I just see so many opinions like that throwback around here like they have video of the guy making the decision while taking a sh*t. 

3 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

Is there any reason to believe he wasn't? Most people wouldn't publicly disagree with their boss/superior.  It's a statement of pure opinion with no facts backing it up.

They had worked together for years and it was a collaborative process.  Not sure why it’s surprising that people have doubts about past decisions.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

They had worked together for years and it was a collaborative process.  Not sure why it’s surprising that people have doubts about past decisions.

Again literally 0 proof of that and he wasn't the shot caller then, doubts are just fine pretending it's a fact like you were in the room is ridiculous.

10 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

Again literally 0 proof of that and he wasn't the shot caller then, doubts are just fine pretending it's a fact like you were in the room is ridiculous.

This has been posted and discussed ad nauseam on here.  Morgan didnt want to trade Burns

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5334576/2024/03/11/carolina-panthers-brian-burns-defense/

Morgan was second in command behind Scott Fitterer in 2022 when the Panthers rejected the Rams’ offer just days after trading All-Pro running back Christian McCaffrey to the San Francisco 49ers. The lone dissenting voice was former salary cap and contracts executive Samir Suleiman, who believed the Panthers should take the picks for Burns, according to three sources familiar with the discussions.

• Pie 2

And I believe Mike Kaye has reported the same thing.  Feel free to go back and look.   Morgan was on board with Bryce, not trading Burns and a handful of other mishaps.  Can he turn it around, sure, is he behind the 8 ball, absolutely, his hiring is a fuging mystery if we are being honest

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I understand that and who knows what was said between him and Fitt. Once the decision was made he will obviously “back” it. It’s not getting out that they are in disagreement on an important decision. 

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I understand that and who knows what was said between him and Fitt. Once the decision was made he will obviously “back” it. It’s not getting out that they are in disagreement on an important decision. 

Suleiman was against it and that got out, its not always a united front.  I mean morgan has receipts to bad decisions.  The dj johnson, dane jackson, Jammie Robinson etc.   Nobody is perfect but his "wins" so far are pretty limited.  Mike Jackson, Johnson.  But like I said he is behind a couple of disastrous decisions as it stands now

• Pie 2