• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Giants looking to trade for Brian Burns

4 minutes ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

sucks that we only got a 2nd rounder out of Burns but the dude is overrated af

Well technically we also got a 5th next year and a higher 5th this year.

28 minutes ago, frankw said:

Well at least something is going right.

The Giants as a destination never really made sense anyways as their roster is being rebuilt QB is up in the air and their defense was not a pass rusher away by any means. They were already 27th in total defense last season.

I suspect their thinking was that he and Thibodeaux would synergize and help elevate each other for the remaining years of Kayvon's rookie contract. Because that's exactly what you want, to drop $30MM on a guy that can't deliver results without potentially having a star on the other side of him.

Lolz. Hope the Giants are enjoying it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

sucks that we only got a 2nd rounder out of Burns but the dude is overrated af

I will forever be convinced Fitt was a paid assassin hired to take out the Carolina Panthers from the inside.

I cannot believe that trade was f*cked up THAT bad that it wasnt intentional.

• Pie 3

45 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I suspect their thinking was that he and Thibodeaux would synergize and help elevate each other for the remaining years of Kayvon's rookie contract. Because that's exactly what you want, to drop $30MM on a guy that can't deliver results without potentially having a star on the other side of him.

Lolz. Hope the Giants are enjoying it.

And why do you need to put the cherry on top of your proverbial sundae, when you don't have any ice cream in the bowl?  Daniel Jones is still your QB, and this team isn't close to competing.  Brian Burns isn't changing that.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

What if I told you our current gm was against trading him for 2 #1s and a second ?

One of the big reasons I wanted to go outside to a proven successful GM/assistant GM and not go internal with Morgan.

It’s still legitimately crazy that we said no to that QB level draft pick bundle. I mean you truly have to be an idiot to pass that up. Again, for anyone following along, it was 2 1sts and 1 2nd to trade a guy asking for $30M a year because we were trying to sign him to an extension.

Had we made that deal, we basically would have gotten Hunt and Lewis for the cap space of Burns plus 2 1sts and 1 2nd. Five potential solid starters for one. Criminally insane to pass that up.

The even more disappointing thing is that before the 2023 season started, our 2024 1st would have been less valuable than the Rams because we had 2 more wins than them and we’re about to add the missing QB. We could have likely traded the Rams 1sts and kept our 2024 1st pick and DJ Moore.