• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So confused about the mega hate on the healthcare bill.

thunderraiden

80% of the outrage is more about trying to make the administration look bad.

20% is actually over the bill.

I don't agree with your percentages, but I do agree with the sentiment. A lot of people are generally concerned about this bill and what it means for the future of America. A lot of people, politicians, pastors, etc. are taking advantage of that concern and using it to stir the pot.

Same thing happens on the left too though...

The public option means, essentially, that the government is forcing me to care about you, which it shouldn't be able to do. There are a vast number of arguements to make beyond that, but they all boil down to that central idea.

That's it in a nutshell! And the trillions of dollars that it's supposed to save is a drop in the bucket to the amount it's going to cost. I'm all for reform, but it needed to start with the pharmaceutical companies, wreck chasing lawyers, and the free loaders that demand healthcare, but offer no monitary contribution to the system. Government takeover was not the solution. It's only going to make the current situation worse.

my hate is over how the bill was passed. Republicans voting no only to make the dems look bad. Dems voting yes only because of the special deals/bought votes. Change was/is needed, but the way it was done was wrong. Our congress should all be sent to jail.

Both sides are represented in there. Also please show me where you see some "racial bigotry"? Me thinks you have a hard time seeing 2 sides of issues :)

I take that back, I just looked at the thread titles and mis-interpreted some, such as http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/the-tinderbox/33054-so-does-anyone-know-when-obama-plans-to-start-euthanizing-white-people-yet.html, and another about how the T-baggers were calling the black caucus the "n" word.

I take that back, I just looked at the thread titles and mis-interpreted some, such as http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/the-tinderbox/33054-so-does-anyone-know-when-obama-plans-to-start-euthanizing-white-people-yet.html, and another about how the T-baggers were calling the black caucus the "n" word.

I've met ya, you know what sarcasm is, that thread title reeks of sarcasm.

Reporting news about what other people say is not a bad thing.

Keep this in mind. If unemployment was around 6% I doubt you would be seeing the angst going on.

That's a legit fear factor for some that are out of work and can't get a break and now there is this paradigm shift coming and the time in which it may take for someone to benefit is tough to wait on.

All I know is I better not hear one peep out anyone who took this hook line and sinker and complain in a few years about the mess.

I will personally drop kick them in the ear.

Archived