• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So confused about the mega hate on the healthcare bill.

thunderraiden

I really don't get what all the hate is about, like i know most people hate change, but the extent I'm seeing people going is kind of mind boggling. I can understand their point about not wanting to force individuals into buying health care, but aside from that what else is there?

On the flip side, the private health care seems to be making profits through the roof and won't let anyone who actually is in need of health care (anyone that is sick) get health care.

So yea... my real question is: Why do people hate the health care so much when its seems to me to just be introducing morality into the healthcare system? Can someone enlighten me?

Gotta agree with pstall here.

I hate this bill in a weird way. Removing the public option renders the mandatory healthcare as tyrannical. The mandate is borderline un-constitutional to begin with.

You can talk up the positives all you want, and on their own merit they are fantastic ideas from a personal standpoint, but having to take the good with the bad is a pretty hard pill to swallow.

I agree, the public option was the way to go.

I could really draw the corallarys between education and this bill based on the public option. Damn republicans.

Wait, this is the lounge....how do you guys feel about "Crossroads", arguably the greatest Ralph Macchio fim ever made and the only movie where Steve Vai outplays himself on guitar?

lol, i didnt realize the tinderbox was for politics, i just thought that the lounge was for everything off-topic. I went into the tinderbox and HOLY poo, its like a conservative orgy in there. I don't see one calm view, its all racial bigotry in there. I like to hear both sides but damn its like the right side is yelling the n word at everything ne1 says and the left side is trying to explain it rationally. Pretty pointless to even try to understand why people dont like it if i were to go to the tinderbox first.

on the flip side, i like what pstall has to say, now i understand more clearly, its not that people dont hate the morality of reform, they hate how this bill is assigned, but why did they hate the original bill that had the public option when this one without the public option passed neways is my new question.

lol, i didnt realize the tinderbox was for politics, i just thought that the lounge was for everything off-topic. I went into the tinderbox and HOLY poo, its like a conservative orgy in there. I don't see one calm view, its all racial bigotry in there. I like to hear both sides but damn its like the right side is yelling the n word at everything ne1 says and the left side is trying to explain it rationally. Pretty pointless to even try to understand why people dont like it if i were to go to the tinderbox first.

on the flip side, i like what pstall has to say, now i understand more clearly, its not that people dont hate the morality of reform, they hate how this bill is assigned, but why did they hate the original bill that had the public option when this one without the public option passed neways is my new question.

The public option means, essentially, that the government is forcing me to care about you, which it shouldn't be able to do. There are a vast number of arguements to make beyond that, but they all boil down to that central idea.

And that is politics. Welcome to the tinderbox - the only cost is your soul.

I really don't get what all the hate is about, like i know most people hate change, but the extent I'm seeing people going is kind of mind boggling. I can understand their point about not wanting to force individuals into buying health care, but aside from that what else is there?
Thats enough for most people. Giving the Gov pressident (sp) to force you to be buy anything is dangerous ground.

On the flip side, the private health care seems to be making profits through the roof and won't let anyone who actually is in need of health care (anyone that is sick) get health care.
2-5% profit margins for health insurer's. Compare that to drug companies. Also their is a difference in pre-existing conditions.

So yea... my real question is: Why do people hate the health care so much when its seems to me to just be introducing morality into the healthcare system? Can someone enlighten me?

It's a much deeper issue than what you are giving it credit for.

I went into the tinderbox and HOLY poo, its like a conservative orgy in there. I don't see one calm view, its all racial bigotry in there. I like to hear both sides but damn its like the right side is yelling the n word at everything ne1 says and the left side is trying to explain it rationally. .

Both sides are represented in there. Also please show me where you see some "racial bigotry"? Me thinks you have a hard time seeing 2 sides of issues :)

I would like to see some examples of what you claim as well... there's some far-out sh*t and stupid posts in the tinderbox and there have been examples of childishness, name calling, etc, but on the whole I don't see "racial bigotry" at all. If there were, the mods would be all over it and others would be calling those posters out.

Archived