• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Open Indoor BBall Gym

DeAngelo Stewart

I live in South Charlotte and would like to find an open indoor gym to play some basketball. Anyone know of any good gyms where people go? I would love to play pickup games and such. I would prefer somewhere that doesnt stay extremely crowded.

I know the YMCA is usually a good choice, you can go play in their facility without being a member right? Pay some small fee each time you go right? If so, anyone know how much?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Keith

there is an indoor very nice court in Dilworth that has open court certain nights a week.

I almost PMed u this, but seeing that I dont live in Charlotte anymore, I dont care about letting out this Gem. About a year ago, there were 15-20 guys there every tuesday night for pick up games. I started invinting the guys from the warehouse and it got out of controll busy after that. (lots of black people in Dilworth elementary school=somebody got pissed) We stopped going after about 60+ people stared showing up and only wanted to only play the full court (long ways). I think there were a few cars that got broken into too, and cops got pissed.

Its too bad, The court was so nice and well kept...There are 6 goals there, with bleachers and locker rooms. I hope it is still open, for your sake.

Archived