• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cardinals Clinch the West

frash.exe

It's things like this that make you wonder if playoff entry should be a bit different. You have the NFC East and South battling it out and they win it so easy.

I think they should do a little restructuring, I mean make a division winner make the playoffs, but giving them a higher seed is too much. It's really ridiculous if a 12-4 team has to go on the road to play an 8-8 division winner.

...at 8-5. They could lose out and end up 8-8 and they would still host a playoff game, at .500.

If that were to happen, they wouldn't be the first 8-8 division winner. The 85 Browns won the old AFC Central with an 8-8 record. They didn't get a home game though, since there were only 5 teams in the playoffs then. And also in 1985, the Broncos went 11-5 and MISSED the playoffs.

If the Panthers can't win it all, the Cardinals are the team I'll be cheering for.

I love to see underdogs prosper, and Kurt Warner is one of the league's true "good guys".

I don't want to play them again. Warner goes off, and they are hard to cover man.

Archived