• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where the QBs will Land

3 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

It would have lined up really well for Drake Maye to end up a panther if no stupid trades.

No chance we have a top 5 pick with Sam Darnold and CMC/Moore on the team. We would be NFC South Champs and a playoff birth. The division was that bad. You got Baker Mayfield out here looking like the 2nd coming of Phillip Rivers all because he played in a bad division.

15 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

His stats look decent in 2022.  This year it looks like he was just tucking it and running a lot.  I mean it was Duke.  You can't get the Clemson QB a pass with surrounding talent and not the Duke guy lol.  Big difference in talent between those two schools.  Regardless they both are two good stories to watch this year.

You don't know much about Clemson if you say they had talent last year.  Their top receiver was hurt almost all year, and he isn't an NFL caliber guy anyway.  Their OLine was leaking like the Panthers - no joke. 

And Duke wasn't as bad as you say either - they were ranked part of the year and have multiple NFL prospects including on offence.  Trust me the talent difference was not that big on offense....Leonard looked night and day different - much much worse.

Edited by Stingray3030

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It really has been a perfect storm of how to completely fug up a football organization.

Crazy part is most of the moves that were made on paper I was good with them at the time - the Henderson and Darnold trades I was not happy with, but like last year's free agents?  I was excited to have Hurst, Sanders, Thielen, Chark, Bell.  60% of that was an absolute bust.  Same the previous years.  It is truly not luck that we have been so unsuccessful - statistically it is clearly our fault.  I hope this turns quickly.

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It really has been a perfect storm of how to completely fug up a football organization.

But we had 40 events at the stadium that the teppers don't own. 

Madonna Reaction GIF

I gotta think the Vikings and Giants are going to be two of the more aggressive teams angling for Daniels, Maye and/or McCarthy.  

Both staffs are going into year 3, have had a lingering QB situation, and need to make a move or they risk their seats warming up.  

The Broncos are in a tough spot and you love to see it.  Same goes for LVR.  

ATL is a bit different of a situation, the right QB, they could win the division.

PIT & NE are the wildcards

5 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I gotta think the Vikings and Giants are going to be two of the more aggressive teams angling for Daniels, Maye and/or McCarthy.  

Both staffs are going into year 3, have had a lingering QB situation, and need to make a move or they risk their seats warming up.  

The Broncos are in a tough spot and you love to see it.  Same goes for LVR.  

ATL is a bit different of a situation, the right QB, they could win the division.

PIT & NE are the wildcards

Especially the Vikings - if they resign JJ they definitely need to save $$ on their QB for the next 4 years to be competitive.

1 hour ago, Stingray3030 said:

You don't know much about Clemson if you say they had talent last year.  Their top receiver was hurt almost all year, and he isn't an NFL caliber guy anyway.  Their OLine was leaking like the Panthers - no joke. 

And Duke wasn't as bad as you say either - they were ranked part of the year and have multiple NFL prospects including on offence.  Trust me the talent difference was not that big on offense....Leonard looked night and day different - much much worse.

The talent on Duke vs Clemson isn’t the same lol. Just check out the draft…

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The talent on Duke vs Clemson isn’t the same lol. Just check out the draft…

Good grief man....you literally just proved my point.  Who exactly is in the draft from Clemson's offense?  Shipley (who got demoted to backup during the year and was oft injured) will probably get drafted Day 3....only other offensive guy is Putnam who is currently ranked outside of the draft.  We are only talking about defense.  Clemson hasn't had an NFL caliber WR since Trevor's Sophomore year.  2024 will likely be different.  Duke has a 1st round OT.

Edited by Stingray3030

1 hour ago, Stingray3030 said:

Bruh.  

Clemson has an absurd roster vs the rest of the ACC.....it just hasn't had the QB play paired with young WRs.  That's the only reason they have lost games the last 3 years.  To say Clemson doesn't have talent is just not knowing Clemson.  That roster top to bottom is built different than everyone else in the ACC.   If they managed to get just average ACC level QB play the last several years.....they would have remained in the college playoff because their roster ain't built like other ACC programs. 

Clemson's D is straight-up loaded with talent.  They have 5 players from the D alone going in this year's draft.  7 total. ....and those dudes don't even represent the best players from last year's D.  Heck if Carter opted not to go back to Clemson, they would have had 2 first rounders from that D in this draft class. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Bruh.  

Clemson has an absurd roster vs the rest of the ACC.....it just hasn't had the QB play paired with young WRs.  That's the only reason they have lost games the last 3 years.  To say Clemson doesn't have talent is just not knowing Clemson.  That roster top to bottom is built different than everyone else in the ACC.   If they managed to get just average ACC level QB play the last several years.....they would have remained in the college playoff because their roster ain't built like other ACC programs. 

Clemson's D is straight-up loaded with talent.  They have 5 players from the D alone going in this year's draft.  7 total. ....and those dudes don't even represent the best players from last year's D.  Heck if Carter opted not to go back to Clemson, they would have had 2 first rounders from that D in this draft class. 

Will you stop trying to argue things I never say?  You do it all the time to everyone man - come on dude that is just pathetic and annoying to everyone here.  I have yet to argue Clemson's OVERALL talent.  I said their OFFENSIVE TALENT IN 2024 specifically.  I know Clemson better than most and obviously you if you don't see that....I live here...we discuss it daily during the season with dozens of people who know even more than me.  No one said defense and no one said any year other than 2024.  

12 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

Good grief man....you literally just proved my point.  Who exactly is in the draft from Clemson's offense?  Shipley (who got demoted to backup during the year and was oft injured) will probably get drafted Day 3....only other offensive guy is Putnam who is currently ranked outside of the draft.  We are only talking about defense.  Clemson hasn't had an NFL caliber WR since Trevor's Sophomore year.  2024 will likely be different.  Duke has a 1st round OT.

Clemson's biggest problem at WR is health and the inability to keep guys on the field to develop.   And of course, QB play factors there. 

2 hours ago, Stingray3030 said:

Oh stop. This is that same bullshit folks cooked up to convince themselves that Bryce was carrying inferior talent at fuging Alabama. Clemson is a blue chip blue blood college football program these days. Look at the recruiting class rankings year over year. They're stacked with talent. Do they have down years? Sure. But their "down years" would be pretty good years for most programs. That's just the reality of the college football landscape where the rosters are gigantic and there's plenty of scholarships to go around. The blue chip programs gobble up a crazy amount of talent every year. People who think the transfer portal are going to fix this are probably mistaken. Sure, that 5* WR who is 4th or 5th on Clemson's depth chart might transfer to UNC and be #1 or #2 on their depth chart but at the same time that 2* kid who went to say Marshall and blossomed into one of the best receivers in college football then transfers to Clemson. The rich still get richer but maybe it helps lift up the poor somewhat. I don't know, we'll have to see how it all plays out.