• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jim Szoke - The Good Samaritan

KBRed

Alright, since it's a slow slow off-season, here's a quick story away from the stagnant Panthers...

I was at church tonight and there was a group of kids around 18 that were sitting two rows in front of us. Prior to the service this kid kept looking back for someone. Finally he left his seat and came back with Jim Szoke and his wife. They sat right next to him and the group of young folks. I was asking myself who this kid could have been.

After the music a video came on about Szoke, his wife, and Abdul (I think his name was). Szoke was talking about hearing about a kid from a high school, I'm guessing that one of his kids goes to school with, that was homeless. The kid rides the city bus to school everyday. Anyway, he was saying that him and his wife had him over one night and then was taking him back to the homeless shelter. After dropping him off Jim and his wife said that they had to do something.

Mentioning, that they had five children in their house, they still wanted to bring him home with them to stay. Said that when he brought out his trash bags full of clothes, someone asked him where he was going. He said..."I'm going home." Turns out the kid grew up in the Bronx and is homeless at 18, but now has a home with Jim and his wife.

The whole time Jim's wife was hugging this kid, and he seemed extremely appreciative and elated.

I just thought this was a cool story to share.

Archived