• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who is THE action star right now?

Mr. Scot

Jason Stratham

Daniel Graig (007 & first Laura Croft Tomb Raider Movie.)

Matt Damon

These are the 3 guys who have really picked up the Bad @$$ titles.

I used to like Russel Crowe (Gladiator & Proof of Life) but he really hasn't kept up with that.

russel crowe has "robin hood" coming out soon, preview looks awesome. So keep him on your list for now :D

I would like it to be either Sam Worthington or Michael Jai White. And what happened to Vin Diesel?

But I don't think that there will be another Action Star in the vein of Arnold, mainly because the action movie rage has kind of ebbed. That image of the crazy body mass action star with an M-60 in one had and a flame thrower in the other seems to be over. That was a phenomena of the 80s and 90s. Name one action movie in the past 10 years (that wasn't a total flop) where the star was a muscled out hulk. Most action stars today have the Jason Statham body type, and action movies are less plotless shoot'em'ups. So while there may be action movies I don't there is a genuine "Action Star" in our future.

The guy that played Duke in GI Joe, the lead role in Fighting (movie about underground fights), talks of him possibly playing Captain America. Don't know about Dear John... haven't ever heard of it.

Tatum would be a good choice for Capt. America for sure...

For this thread:

Statham is too forgettable... Damon is too boyish... Worthington is just OK...

It should/could be the Rock, but he's gone too soft... Arnold made movies like that, but only after he was a household action hero name.

Honestly no one actor really stands out in this category right now.

Statham, Will Smith (if he could stick to the action flicks), Matt Damon, and I was going to mention Hugh Jackman (if he could do more movies like X-Men and Wolverine)...

Thomas Jane showed promise in The Punisher, but pulled himself from the sequel... Ray Stevenson did a good job in the followup role though...

Statham has it on lock, with the Transporter and Crank films... He's also been in ******, The Italian Job, and a few others that make him the best...

I was gonna say Mark Wahlberg too... to add to my previous post...

Another one that has had his share, although not lately, was Bruce Willis...

Everytime I see Walhberg, I think if Dirk Diggler in "Boogie Nights" and can't take him as a serious action guy.

3rd time I've checked this thread. No mention of Jackie Chan since all the other old guys doing action seem to be getting honorable mention?

Oh, and Cynthia Rothrock could still kick Milla Jovovich's pre-or post-pregger azz. Today.

Currently it has to be Statham for movies in the traditional "pure" action vein. Crank was pure mayhem, no apologies made for being "a big meanie".

3rd time I've checked this thread. No mention of Jackie Chan since all the other old guys doing action seem to be getting honorable mention?

Oh, and Cynthia Rothrock could still kick Milla Jovovich's pre-or post-pregger azz. Today.

Currently it has to be Statham for movies in the traditional "pure" action vein. Crank was pure mayhem, no apologies made for being "a big meanie".

what does Jackie Chan do now?

Archived