• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who is THE action star right now?

Mr. Scot

At one time, Schwarzanegger was the unquestioned king of action films. If his name was on the poster, you knew it was going to be an all action blow out.

These days, the Terminator has become the Governator. Likewise, Chuck Norris is pretty much retired from the world of kicking a$$ and taking names.

So then, who is that actor today that rules the action film genre?

For that matter, does such a guy exist? If not, who's closest to that role?

Schwarzenegger, Stallone, and Bruce Willis are all too old to be at the top of the list these days. I can't think of anyone who really stands out, but they don't make action movies like they did then. Other than Henne's mention of Jason Statham, I can't think of anyone who really fits the mold.

It seems that the action movies have now become epic movies, such as 2012 and The Day After Tomorrow. How many more movies can Hollywood make about the end of the world as we know it?

It seems that the action movies have now become epic movies, such as 2012 and The Day After Tomorrow. How many more movies can Hollywood make about the end of the world as we know it?

Guys like Steven Seagal (who sucks) still churn out their stock, though it's mostly B-Grade, straight-to-video crap.

So then, the question becomes this: Is it the movies that have changed or are today's actors just not big enough to wear the mantle of guys like Arnold, Chuck, Bruce and Sly?

Guys like Steven Seagal (who sucks) still churn out their stock, though it's mostly B-Grade, straight-to-video crap.

So then, the question becomes this: Is it the movies that have changed or are today's actors just not big enough to wear the mantle of guys like Arnold, Chuck, Bruce and Sly?

I think most of todays guys want to have a actual career. Most of those action guys get stuck doing action movies

The Rock will be that guy.

He was supposed to be that guy, but it seems as if he's switched to kiddie movies. Race to Witch Mountain, The Tooth Fairy, (whatever the name of that movie was where he was a football player and had to keep his daughter), etc...

Walking Tall and The Rundown were good flicks, though.

He was supposed to be that guy, but it seems as if he's switched to kiddie movies. Race to Witch Mountain, The Tooth Fairy, (whatever the name of that movie was where he was a football player and had to keep his daughter), etc...

Walking Tall and The Rundown were good flicks, though.

He needs a franchise is all. They should have given him Captain America, but it went to some pretty boy instead.

He needs a franchise is all. They should have given him Captain America, but it went to some pretty boy instead.

I laughed pretty hard when I read that, but upon thinking about it for a minute, Dwayne could very well be the perfect actor for that role.

I laughed pretty hard when I read that, but upon thinking about it for a minute, Dwayne could very well be the perfect actor for that role.

agreed. i also wanted him to be "venom" in the spiderman movies......but that wont happen either.

He'd make a good green lantern no? wasnt he black? the rock is half black. close enough.

Archived