• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most chameleonic actor/actress

Mr. Scot

They have all been named, well done everyone.

I would only add Paul Giamatti, since he is the only one not yet mentioned that comes to mind.

I just wish Leo wasn't such a weenie. If he wasn't such a weenie he could end up in the team photo with the great ones.

His weenieness made Gangs of New York a good movie not a great one. Totally miscast...

I read it in a very well written article one time; Leo only does Oscar contenders, whereas someone like an Edward Norton or a Johnny Depp aren't afraid to make a movie that's fun. No one was going to confuse Pirates of the Caribbean or Red Dragon with Oscar Winners, but they're enjoyable movies to watch. He is making movies for himself while others are making movies for the audience, and the latter goes a long way when being counted among the greats.

Granted, someone like Tom Hanks only chases Oscars now, but he's paid his dues with his string of 80s comedies, so he can still be counted as one of the best ever.

Archived