• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greetings from the Cardinals

Cardinal Nation

We have to establish the running game and control TOP.

On Defense, we will give up a nice amount of yardage to Warner and co. but we always seem to get one or two turnovers out of Warner, so that will help obviously.

With all that being said, I don't write yall off, last team I wanted to see in the playoffs, the Cardinals ability to score scares the hell outta me, and Fitzgerald is a whole nother bread of monster.

Bottom line - we're scared of their passing attack and they're scared (or should be) of our running attack.

Here's the X factor - weather. It's going to be cold (low 28) and most likely raining. Brrrrrrrr! I don't care how much they practice you cannot simulate playing in freezing rainy conditions and that benefits running, not passing.

Here's to a great game! We're known as the cardiac cats for a reason - it always, and I mean ALWAYS comes down to the last second. I'm already nervous!!

Lol, one guy honestly told me that Jenkins/White was a more potent receiver combo than Boldin/Fitzgerald/Breaston. I was like 'well, I tried to be nice...'

Anyways, I'll get the ball rolling here, any injury concerns for you guys? Not necessarily official, but did anyone come up gimpy recently that would be a concern. I'm sure you know about Q pulling his hammy after his long TD catch and run, and I assure you it won't keep him out for this game, but he won't be 100%, which is a big blow. Thing is though, I tend to go on the impression that Q would try and play even if he lost one of his arms...

I still can't believe he took NO pain meds for the facial surgery he had earlier this year. That's crazy talk. I too think he'll play but I agree he won't be 100%. Looks like we know who Lucas gets to cover now, haha.

I have a question for you though, CN. How often and when does Breaston get the ball? Is it when one of your two stars is out or hurt? Or in garbage time? I know he has over 1000 yds but I don't think he sees as many balls as the other two during a game. Basically, how does he fit in?

I know You didn't direct the question my way but i'll try and answer it anyway.

Breaston is what I would consider our deep threat. As far as pure speed goes he is the fastest of the bunch.

With that said he gets all the balls that you would think a slot receiver would get. He is kinda an all around guy. He seems to always make the catch when you need him to, and if you double one of the fearsome twosome he can torch single coverage.

That is what I would call him, I know that does not help at all, but with Warner slingin the ball everyone on the field is a possible receiver and he just was the lucky one to get the receptions

Bottom line - we're scared of their passing attack and they're scared (or should be) of our running attack.

Here's the X factor - weather. It's going to be cold (low 28) and most likely raining. Brrrrrrrr! I don't care how much they practice you cannot simulate playing in freezing rainy conditions and that benefits running, not passing.

Here's to a great game! We're known as the cardiac cats for a reason - it always, and I mean ALWAYS comes down to the last second. I'm already nervous!!

they're not calling for rain....cold and clear.

Arizona will have to avoid an emotional letdown after playing so strong and getting a win against Atlanta. Sometimes teams can get emotionally spent from having to dig that deep in order to win. I think that is just as much of a concern as the physical aspect of playing in back to back weeks in the playoffs. Sometimes you watch teams and kind of say, "Man, that was probably their Super Bowl", after they win. With all due respect to the Cardinals, that is what that win looked like to me. With that team winning the most important game in modern franchise history last week, I think that feel good feeling may prevent them from being as focused. That job will fall on Whisenhunt this week to keep them on track and to make them realize the job isn't over.

Great point. You know what summed this to me. The dumping of Gatorade on the coach. Winning a wildcard game is just the first step. Those players treated it like it meant something. If I had seen the coach getting into those players grills reinforcing that fact I would be more worried. My gut tells me we have seen as good as the Cards can be. Thats not the case with the Panthers.

As long as there is no rain that make me happy. The team should be ok with cold, not that much colder than it gets here. It is just the travel that is bad for us, we are a different team on the road. Meaning we suck. But I am hoping the late start will help them. I hope the reason the have a hard time is the early start and the jetlag. Whatever the reason it is beyond frustrating.

As long as there is no rain that make me happy. The team should be ok with cold, not that much colder than it gets here. It is just the travel that is bad for us, we are a different team on the road. Meaning we suck. But I am hoping the late start will help them. I hope the reason the have a hard time is the early start and the jetlag. Whatever the reason it is beyond frustrating.

Hate to burst you bubble there Junior...but it is going to be rainy, cold, and windy Sat Night.

Prepare for the ass kicking knows as Double Trouble.

For Starters: Geoff Hangartner made his third consecutive start at center in place of Ryan Kalil, who was sidelined with an ankle injury suffered versus Kansas City (10/5/08). Jeremy Bridges started his fourth consecutive game at right tackle in place of Jeff Otah, who was inactive with an ankle injury suffered versus Atlanta (9/28/08). This marked the first time this season the Panthers had the same starting combination along the offensive line in three consecutive games. Right guard Keydrick Vincent is the only offensive lineman to start every game

Damn, I had forgotten that Kalil and Otah were both out for that particular game. Hopefully, Otah will be ready to go because, IMO, he makes our running game go from good to great.

Archived