• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anybody ever used travelocity.com?

methodtoll

My wife and I are planning our trip to Las Vegas for next month and we have been looking at deals around various travel sites. Travelocity seems to offer the best rate for the hotel that we want to stay at and also provides two tickets to a show that other travel sites offer but you have to pay extra for it.

I didn't think much of it until last night but I realize that before we book through Travelocity that I should do some research and make sure that we are not going to get screwed. I pulled up several consumer reviews and sure enough they were getting a lot of negative feedback. One story has it that someone was charge double the amount that the price was originally. Another story has it that if your flight gets cancelled then Travelocity won't compensate for it and you practically on your own for plane tickets.

So I am asking my fellow huddlers if any of you have used Travelocity and if you recommend it or not. I appreciate any feedback

I have used it for flights, and never had any problems. The one time a flight got canceled, the airline scheduled me for a later flight, so that wasn't a problem. Its always a good idea to compare Travelocity's price with others. The main thing I like about it is that it can be set to email you when a lower price becomes available.

Orbitz is pretty good to.

I used them for my trip to san diego. They changed my flight a billion times. Constantly I had to call them and make sure things were in order because I had 2 sets of tickets and everyone had to be on the same plane (wedding). Then we had to cancel (wife got cancer) and that was another mess.

I would book directly with an airline.

I'd never use priceline for a flight. But for hotels, it rocks. I'm in Ft Lauderdale right now during Spring Break (yikes) and got the Hyatt Pier 66 for $90/nt (I think it is in the $200 range for now on any other site). I use biddingfortravel.com to find the hotel options in an area so I know what I'm getting.

I used them for my trip to san diego. They changed my flight a billion times. Constantly I had to call them and make sure things were in order because I had 2 sets of tickets and everyone had to be on the same plane (wedding). Then we had to cancel (wife got cancer) and that was another mess.

I would book directly with an airline.

Same here. My wife booked a flight to CA a few months ago. She gets a call about every other week that the flight has been changed and to call them back. Call them back and you can't understand them as their call center is in India. Worst customer service I have ever had to deal with, one of the managers hung up on me as I was asking her questions. Never again with travelocity, I would go direct or I have used priceline several times without a problem.

Archived