• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Peppers to Big?

Vertical Asymtope

Before I start with my theory that I want to point out that Julius is hands down my favorite Panthers and would livid if we did not bring him back next year. With that said I was watching my DVD of Super Bowl 38 and could not help but notice how much smaller he wasn then opposed to now. I was focusing all my attention to him and you could see that he would just blow right by the tackle, and it was very noticeable in the first quarter how much pressure he was getting on Brady. It seems like now Peppers just runs right at the tackle and tries to overpower him or back the tackle into his QB instead of beating him on the outside. We all know how hard he works out in the offseason and how big and strong he is, but do you think that it could be holding him back from being better than he is now. I remember in 2004 when he was not only being talked about as DPOY but MVP as well, thats how dominant he was. With that all said I am very satisfied with what Pep has done this season and would just like to hear your thoughts.

And on a side note I just wanted to say how I forgot how good Witherspoon and Morgan were together. I know we all love Davis and Beason but I dont know if there at Witherspoon and Morgans level yet.

Believe me I dont think he is having a good season, I think he is having a great season. Once again this guy has been my favorite player since he was drafted. All I am saying is I was watching him from 2003 and he was running past tackles like I haven't seen him do in years. He was so quick back then.

didnt u read the SI article hes 28, OVER THA HILL:rolleyes:

yea I think at this point in pep's career he needs to start focusing on strength, he's still fast as heck for a defensive linemen and we still put him man on man on wr's. At some point though you have to stop relying on speed and focus on strength and technique and use your speed only occasional to get by the Oline.

Archived