• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Buy or Wait?

charlotte49er

I plan on moving out of my dinky apartment into a town home within the next 4-6 months.

I know that you don't want to make any purchases while they are looking at your credit.

Here's my question:

Right now just about everyone has 52"-60" HDTV's on sale for around $1300 + Free shipping! I really want one. Should I go ahead and buy it now before they run my credit, or wait 8-10 months down the road and see if they are the same price or cheaper?

I plan on moving out of my dinky apartment into a town home within the next 4-6 months.

I know that you don't want to make any purchases while they are looking at your credit.

Here's my question:

Right now just about everyone has 52"-60" HDTV's on sale for around $1300 + Free shipping! I really want one. Should I go ahead and buy it now before they run my credit, or wait 8-10 months down the road and see if they are the same price or cheaper?

just becareful. prices go down all the time. When buying a house they will run your credit only once or twice depending on who u get the funding from. As long as ure credit is pretty good, an inquiry wont be that big of a deal tho.

just becareful. prices go down all the time. When buying a house they will run your credit only once or twice depending on who u get the funding from. As long as ure credit is pretty good, an inquiry wont be that big of a deal tho.

Good point. I'm not financing a TV, I will pay cash, so that it won't effect my credit score. Of course, sometimes it's better to finance then pay it off fast. But since it's so close, I rather just pay and be done with it.

$700-$800 of is really tempting right now.

Good point. I'm not financing a TV, I will pay cash, so that it won't effect my credit score. Of course, sometimes it's better to finance then pay it off fast. But since it's so close, I rather just pay and be done with it.

$700-$800 of is really tempting right now.

if ure paying cash for this tv then what are u asking? unless u get a car or a credit card before or after they check your score for the house than ure ok bro.

Archived