• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Viewed the 3D TV a Best Buy today...

Darth Biscuit

Went over there at lunch... pretty cool. We do a lot of 3D stuff on PC's here at work, so I'm used to that kind of thing. They had it setup on a Samsung LED 42" TV playing Blu-Ray. The movie looked really good. I'm wondering how live TV is going to look on it... or TV shows.

The one big downside I see is cost (obviously) at this point... the TV is $3200 and the glasses are $200 each... so unless we had 4 pairs at my house, we'd have to just watch 2D.

I was pretty impressed with the picture quality though...

that technology for the home was debuted at one of the trade shows year before last, I think. At that time it was still going to be a while before it hit the stores, and the pricetag told me that it was going to be a looong time before I own one. I dont even know what they have for players to view 3D content, or what movies are going to be available. I will wait and maybe they'll come out with a good 3D home projector...

wait a couple yrs. i remember LONG ago when HDTV was the new thing, took years before the plants aligned, thus making it a smart buy. just like with HDTV big company finally gave it and upgradeddd the cameras, mics, programing, and all other equipment. thats billions and billions, same tag will be for 3D. there is only a few things out that are "3D", is it worth buying a new set to watch a couple hours?

wait a couple yrs. i remember LONG ago when HDTV was the new thing, took years before the plants aligned, thus making it a smart buy. just like with HDTV big company finally gave it and upgradeddd the cameras, mics, programing, and all other equipment. thats billions and billions, same tag will be for 3D. there is only a few things out that are "3D", is it worth buying a new set to watch a couple hours?

huh?

Archived