• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has anybody lied to get their xbox repaired?

SorthNarolina

I'm thinking about telling microsoft that I have the 3 red rings to get my xbox repaired for free. I have friends who have told me it works but I don't really believe it. I'm sure they'll have a way to know if I'm lying or not.

What has happened is that the graphics chip has failed. What I might tell them is that I got the red rings AND the graphics chip is messed up.

I know this is very unethical and dishonest but Microsoft has severely dropped the ball on this one. The reliability is extremely poor. They need to suck it up and extend the warranty again. I benefited off that but I assumed the problems would be fixed. I'm sorry it costs billions but you should have built a better product.

If it happens once or twice then I'm cool with paying them to fix it. But when it happens 4 times and also happens to everyone else they need to treat their customers better.

I don't play video games that much but I do like Halo so I want to get it fixed before Reach comes out. I'm heavily considering a PS3.

you can make it red ring yourself. just wrap it up in a blanket and let it sit there until it red rings. I had one where i thought the graphics card messed up too. i wrapped it in a blanket and let it sit for 15-20 minutes, then turn it off and let it cool for about 5 minutes. and it worked for about 2 weeks longer.

I think I'm going to do the blanket thing to be safe. Thanks for the info. I hate to do something dishonest like this but Microsoft can afford it and the 360 is a piece of poo that should just have a lifetime warranty due to the pooty quality.

Make sure you state in your report your displeasure with it. I did and requested a new one and that's what they sent me.

I've had mine repaired twice. Never had to lie since both times it was RR. Although funny story I called a third time because it RR and got the coffin sent out for it. A day after I called it stopped RR, so I never sent it in. Around 4 weeks later I got a call from UPS, they told me to make sure I was home tomorrow that I had a certified package from Microsoft I had to sign for. My first thought was "oh poo, they caught me with my downloaded version of office for school." The next day the UPS guy drops off a box I open it up its a brand new 360 with the new chipset and HDMI port with a note inside apologizing for not being able to repair my old console and to enjoy the new one they sent me. I took the old one straight to Gamestop and traded it in, and haven't had an issue with my new Xbox since I got it. *runs and finds wood to knock on*.

I've had mine repaired twice. Never had to lie since both times it was RR. Although funny story I called a third time because it RR and got the coffin sent out for it. A day after I called it stopped RR' date=' so I never sent it in. Around 4 weeks later I got a call from UPS, they told me to make sure I was home tomorrow that I had a certified package from Microsoft I had to sign for. My first thought was "oh poo, they caught me with my downloaded version of office for school." The next day the UPS guy drops off a box I open it up its a brand new 360 with the new chipset and HDMI port with a note inside apologizing for not being able to repair my old console and to enjoy the new one they sent me. I took the old one straight to Gamestop and traded it in, and haven't had an issue with my new Xbox since I got it. *runs and finds wood to knock on*.[/quote']

I need to try that, lol.

My middle sons got the RROD this weekend... It was going to cost $125 (I think) to send it to Microsoft to fix it. I ended up going to Walmart and buying an Xbox 360 Arcade for $199 and stuck his old hard drive in the new one.

If yours is still under warranty I say go for it... Microsoft has been ripping people off for years!

Archived