• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Any suggestions for lowering BP...

ThaJackal

Forgot i meant to respond to this thread.

I was about 25 pounds above my ideal weight at Jan 1.

Have lost the first 15 and my systolic has dropped around 10-15 points and my diastolic around the same.

That took 2.5 months and I plan on losing the rest.

Anyway the point is it takes time and you need to be honest about what your ideal weight is.

I have not given up coffee or booze

I agree with lots of water.. Also switch to Sea Salt. Its MUCH healthier for you. There is a big debate going on right now in the medical communities that argue the point salt does or doesnt raise your bp. Many studies suggest its the refining and stripping of minerals they do to table salt that causes the bp to rise.

I recently radically changed my diet, I use LOTS of sea salt, more veggies and WHOLE grains, less red meat,more fish and chicken, some butter (NO MARGARINE), lots of olive oil. I buy organic when i can (when its affordable).

I dropped a good amount of weight, my BP went to normal (it was high), and my cholesterol which was through the roof, is coming down nicely.

Another thing I noticed that helped me with my health, and one I heard a lot but never practiced until recently. LESSEN your portions, and eat more times a day. Even if you eat healthy foods, you are still taxing your system too much by eating greater amounts.

This way, your body never becomes overwhelmed processing all that you throw at it. It easily burns what you put in, even if some things arent healthy choices (Dont go overboard), your body will just take care of it and do away with it.

Just my recent experience....

Lots of good advice in this thread!

Just wanted to add that some people naturally have high blood pressure. My father in law is in great shape and watches what he eats but still has high blood pressure. His doctor put him on blood pressure medicine and it helped a little bit but not enough to keep him on the medicine.

You might be one of those people that just has high blood pressure. Talk to your doctor and see what he says.

Archived