• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trying to have a kid

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Just remember this... Don't try too hard, or it will take an emotional toll on both of you if it doesn't work out...

Enjoy time around each other, and let the chances of getting pregnant be what they are...

Its not that we're trying too hard. Its just that I've wanted to be a father as long as I can remember. She's wanted to be a mother even longer than that. All we've done is reorganize our lives for the past year so that we can get to a point financially and physically that we can handle growing the family. Then we stopped buying condoms once we felt we were there. As I understand it, the rest is kinda out of our hands.

Now its just the anxiety of waiting. Bleh....

Although, now that you mention jacking off in a cup, a trip to a fertility expert doesn't sound nearly as intimidating and humorless.

my wife took robitussin when we were "trying" it worked. my son is 2, and the greatest thing that ever happened to me

That's good even if she is on the pill.

If your wife exercises on a regular basis, have her stop or slack off. Strenuous exercising can cause a woman to loose her period and affects her hormones. Plus babies need a certain amount of body fat on the woman.

There are certain times of the month that are better to get pregnant than others. Have her find out when she is ovulating.

http://www.webmd.com/baby/healthtool-ovulation-calculator

Do you drink Caffeine soda or coffee? Caffeine can stimulate your sperm. Like going from lazy sperm to super charged sperm!

Relax. Me and my wife thought it would take us a bit so we didnt stress about it. Come to find out I got her pregnant in 2 weeks. You will never know what is going to happen so just relax. Let it be a chill experience or youll always remember how stressed u were. Now my girl is 2 months old, mind you it isnt easy, but the best thing that ever happened to me. GoodLuck :thumbsup:

Archived