• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Crysis 2

necroplasm

At some points of that video it looks like it dips into the <20 fps range and thats just a tech demo on the ps3.

I don't see how they are even able to make it on the 360.. even if it's downgraded for consoles. I wish I had the PC to play Crysis though.

I don't see how they are even able to make it on the 360.. even if it's downgraded for consoles. I wish I had the PC to play Crysis though.

I know right? Even if they compress the hell out of it they would be hard-pressed to fit it on one disk.

They managed to fit it on 3 discs.

Microsoft really dropped the ball not using HD-DVD as the standard format for their games. One of the biggest reasons for Blu-Ray winning the format war was because it was used to print every PS3 game which helped sell so many Blu-Rays. Once PS3 owners started using their consoles to watch movies and saw how good Blu-Rays were they started buying Blu-Ray movies as well. It pretty much sealed the fate of HD-DVD.

Crysis 2 versus Killzone 2: HD Screenshot comparison

Crysis 2 is definitely one of the games that we are looking forward to in 2010. Coming to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC later this year, Crysis 2 should be able to set a new benchmark in the visuals department again. So does the game match up with Killzone 2? We decided to do a high definition screen shot comparison of both the games, so check it out. The first screen is from Crysis 2 and the second one is from Killzone 2.

NOTE: PLEASE CLICK THE INDIVIDUAL IMAGES TO SEE THEM IN HIGH DEFINITION

http://gamingbolt.com/2010/03/15/crysis-2-versus-killzone-2-hd-screenshot-comparison/

Microsoft really dropped the ball not using HD-DVD as the standard format for their games. One of the biggest reasons for Blu-Ray winning the format war was because it was used to print every PS3 game which helped sell so many Blu-Rays. Once PS3 owners started using their consoles to watch movies and saw how good Blu-Rays were they started buying Blu-Ray movies as well. It pretty much sealed the fate of HD-DVD.

One of the biggest reasons for Microsoft beating the snot out of the PS3 was because they chose to opt out of that very same war. Blu-ray won out, but it pulled down Sony's system hard for a very long time.. and nearly killed it.

One of the biggest reasons for Microsoft beating the snot out of the PS3 was because they chose to opt out of that very same war. Blu-ray won out, but it pulled down Sony's system hard for a very long time.. and nearly killed it.

Sony was looking at the big picture though with Blu-Ray. and now the sales gap is closing in world wide.

You're right though but I believe Sony was prepared for a slow process. Up until 2008, PS3 was a joke.

Archived