• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Antivirus Software

davos

Is it normal to have to pay 40.00 every year for an antivirus subscription? I have Webroot and it says I need to contact BestBuy to renew my subscription and they told me its 40 flippin dollars. Would it be the same to use Windows defender and such for free? :confused:

Also AVG is fuging horrible unless you like having 500,000 false flags for a trojan infection.

AVG Free 9.0 doesn't do that. It updates automatically and you can schedule scans. It's caught some zero-day exploits.

southcakalac, how do you have Malwarebytes auto updating?

I also have SpyBot S&D, Malwarebytes, and Spyware Blaster. I update them weekly. And use the immunization in SpyBot.

Why can't I install multiple?

They will conflict with each other and neither will end up working. There is a difference between antivirus programs (AVG, NOD32, Avast, etc) and programs that find spyware/malware (Malwarebytes, SpyBot S&D, etc). You can have more than one program that finds spyware/malware but run them only one at a time.

Don't ever download any programs offered on a popup ad!!!!!!!! They are fake and actually put malware on your computer.

Visit www.download.com for lists of security software. They'll tell you what is free and the programs are rated.

Archived