• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New info on possible d-will trade

hoover fanz

As to the trade, I can't see it.

The Chargers can't actually trade Sproles without signing him. They can only trade his rights. Given that they tendered him at a compensation level that would require a first and third in return, it's pretty hard to imagine them giving up both Sproles and a first rounder, getting back only Williams in return.

Can't teams negotiate a lesser compensation for tendered players?

Hurney has shown repeatedly he's willing to give up 26 spots in the draft to draft a player a year before the traded pick. See Brown #43 for #17 overall a year later to the 49ers. Yeah, they also got butterfingers Goodson in the deal.

Can't teams negotiate a lesser compensation for tendered players?

Hurney has shown repeatedly he's willing to give up 26 spots in the draft to draft a player a year before the traded pick. See Brown #43 for #17 overall a year later to the 49ers. Yeah, they also got butterfingers Goodson in the deal.

Sure they can, but that's a big drop off going from getting a first and third back to getting one player back while giving up both a first and the player you tendered. I wouldn't go for that deal (and I'm a fan of Williams).

I don't see why the heck you guys think that'd be a good trade (let's be frank, this trade isn't gonna happen). 28th overall? Screw that. If it means D Will goes bye bye, I'd want a top 20. He is definitely top 20 value. Forget Sproles. We can find better talent elsewhere. Why is everyone so high on Sproles? At best he has proven himself as an elite punt/kick returner and nothing more.

20? WTF

10 or kiss our ass

Sure they can, but that's a big drop off going from getting a first and third back to getting one player back while giving up both a first and the player you tendered. I wouldn't go for that deal (and I'm a fan of Williams).

I seriously doubt the Bolts tendered Sproles with the idea they would get a 1st and 3rd for him. Not convinced yet they truly even want him back. He is bait, as Richard Marshall may be for us.

I seriously doubt the Bolts tendered Sproles with the idea they would get a 1st and 3rd for him. Not convinced yet they truly even want him back. He is bait, as Richard Marshall may be for us.

Possible, but that's some pretty stiff bait. It's extremely rare for a team to give up first and third picks for anyone. had they just wanted something for him they could have tendered lower.

Even if they don't want to keep Sproles, would you give up both Sproles and a first for Williams if you were them? As good as I think Williams is, I wouldn't do it.

Possible, but that's some pretty stiff bait. It's extremely rare for a team to give up first and third picks for anyone. had they just wanted something for him they could have tendered lower.

Even if they don't want to keep Sproles, would you give up both Sproles and a first for Williams?

I think the Bolts have decided they can't afford Sproles or aren't willing to pay him either way. Their decision to tender him after initially choosing to let him walk is indicative they've had second thoughts that perhaps they can profit by Sproles departing. They can always withdraw the tender.

The Bolts lack a stud running back. LT is 2 years past his prime. Can you imagine an offense featuring Phillip Rivers, Antonio Gates, Vincent Jackson and Deangelo Williams led by Norv Turner?

Yeah, they might give up the #1 knowing Sproles was already gone anyways.

IDT anyone on here is saying "lets trade him just to get compensation." That would be ridiculous. But you have to look at players on this team as commodities. If we are at a place where we have multiple commodities that serve the same purpose (a la Deangelo, JStew, Sutton, Goodson) then you have to look to better your team through a trade.

If the Chargers were willing to part with multiple first rounders, a first rounder and other pick + Sproles, or Vincent Jackson straight up then you have to make that trade. We need a WR BADLY. Matt Moore is never going to be a success if he is looking at Steve Smith every play.

This has got to be a trade about making Matt Moore better. There is no use having two 1200 yard rushers when we don't have a passing game. It just doesn't make any sense. Stewart is probably a top 10 back in this league..maybe top 5 if he stays healthy all season. Sutton also has the ability to get some yards and our offensive line is amazing. However....we need our QB to be amazing as well and Steve Smith is not enough to get the job done. As great as he is...we need someone else for Moore to throw to. If trading Deangelo accomplishes that and we have to go with JStew then that is what we have to do. Its not the end of the world...OLs make successful running games amd we have a great one.

look i really dont want this trade to happen. but this does carry alittle weight to it. go to the sd chargers forum they have a post since december about this and say that at that time espn was reporting a rumor of this.

Okay wait a minute, this thread is about a rumor in December? Seriously? That's your source?

Okay wait a minute, this thread is about a rumor in December? Seriously? That's your source?

HELL NO,i asked numerous times if the rumor of the trade to detroit had made it to the media, no one would answer.So i googled deangelo williams trade rumors and it showed several things including the chargers forum

I sure hope D-Will is not being considered for a trade. I think the benefit of having two proven backs with good chemistry is something we shouldn't tamper with. Plus, I just like Deangelo. His enthusiasm for the game and being a Panther is downright infectious, and makes it fun to be a Panther fan. Of course, there have been some moves this off season that I don't necessarily agree with already. I'm reserving judgement, but I really hope Deangelo and Jonathan will both be suiting up in Panthers blue and black this year.

Archived