• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New info on possible d-will trade

hoover fanz

Williams didn't look great until we drafted another high quality back to split carries with. He's also the only of the two to miss actual game time.

There's also the very real possibility he just walks after next season. Why hasn't he been extended yet?

Actually, the OL got better and Fox decided that Deshaun the Fumbler sucked ass.

I assume you meant career.

Stew has sat out both Summer camps, and it's a rare exception when he makes a practice during the season due to foot problems.

Concern on whether he could withstand the load of being a 25 carry per game back are legitimate.

Who say's Jstew would be a 25 carry back? We still have Sutton and Goodson to split time, and or Sproles in this scenario. Jstew has just as much game breaking ability as DWill. 15-17 carries a game would probably equal a 100 yd performance in most games with 1 huge run.

I fixed the typo, I did mean career.

All I'm saying is he has not missed playing when it counts, so you can't really call him injury prone. Sitting out camps and missing contact drills in practice during the week don't concern me much if he shows up on Sundays, which he does.

I am against getting ride of Williams though, he is a little more dynamic than Stew.

I have to point out that during the season there were a couple times where JStew was winded before he reached the endzone. Something that shows that he needs to stay conditioned and practice. Also, I think he needs that second back to help him succeed in my opinion, if he doesn't practice consistently.

Oh, and did the rumors of the trade to the Lions make it to the media????? :banghead:

I have to point out that during the season there were a couple times where JStew was winded before he reached the endzone. Something that shows that he needs to stay conditioned and practice. Also, I think he needs that second back to help him succeed in my opinion, if he doesn't practice consistently.

Oh, and did the rumors of the trade to the Lions make it to the media????? :banghead:

One time against Green Bay in 2008 and one time in 2009 versus the Giants.

He carried the workload pretty well in Deangelo's absence, wouldn't you agree? And that was with an sore ach. tendon.

But if I were forced to choose, I'd choose Deangelo.

He carried the workload pretty well in Deangelo's absence, wouldn't you agree? And that was with an sore ach. tendon.

That would be the couple...I'm not debating if he is a good RB, he is certainly a playmaker. Like you I would choose Deangelo over Stew because of this issue.

That would be the couple...I'm not debating if he is a good RB, he is certainly a playmaker. Like you I would choose Deangelo over Stew because of this issue.

:) I don't even know what this threads about anymore.

he did not get winded in that green bay game in 2008....his leg cramped up....he fumbled the ball, and i believe wharton recovered the ball in the endzone

Now that I think about it, I'm afraid to trade D.Will for a first and get a receiver. Not just because its risky, but because I'm not confident in Fox/Hurney decision at that position

Oh and J.Stew didn't get winded last year against NYG, he was playing hurt the whole time and still ran for 200 yards

he did not get winded in that green bay game in 2008....his leg cramped up....he fumbled the ball, and i believe wharton recovered the ball in the endzone

Awesome play by Wharton. Wharton dominated in that game.

Archived