• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New info on possible d-will trade

hoover fanz

Getting a 1st for even a top tier RB is pretty good. The fact that he's talking about SD throwing in Sproles or a 3rd is actually making me doubt his source somewhat.

Yeah I know, hardly anyone commands a 1st anymore in trade value... But, the way I look at it, we're trading a proven commodity for an unknown commodity (with the pick), although Sproles does bring some definite value, he's not DWill.

I could be happy with keeping him or if it actually happens, it's kind of exciting to make big time moves with all of our lack of participation in FA besides adding players to the pool.

hoover fanz claims to have an inside source (Zod confirms it's likely). Fanz says there's a very good chance we trade DWill to SD this off-season for a first and something else.

i never said there was a very good chance we would trade. i said there was new info on a possible trade. that being said,the topic of d-will being traded to detroit a short time ago, did it make it to the media. there is a reason behind this question

the panthers will regret this trade if we do it. stewart has to prove to me that he can be a fulltime player and stop getting hurt.d-williams is one of the most talented players we have ever had why just trade him away?

Stewart has not missed a game in his career.

Yeah I know, hardly anyone commands a 1st anymore in trade value... But, the way I look at it, we're trading a proven commodity for an unknown commodity (with the pick), although Sproles does bring some definite value, he's not DWill.

I could be happy with keeping him or if it actually happens, it's kind of exciting to make big time moves with all of our lack of participation in FA besides adding players to the pool.

Trading Deangelo is absurd. This thread blows.

Stewart has not missed a game in his carrier.

I assume you meant career.

Stew has sat out both Summer camps, and it's a rare exception when he makes a practice during the season due to foot problems.

Concern on whether he could withstand the load of being a 25 carry per game back are legitimate.

Stew has sat out both Summer camps, and it's a rare exception when he makes a practice during the season due to foot problems.

Concern on whether he could withstand the load of being a 25 carry per game back are legitimate.

I fixed the typo, I did mean career.

All I'm saying is he has not missed playing when it counts, so you can't really call him injury prone. Sitting out camps and missing contact drills in practice during the week don't concern me much if he shows up on Sundays, which he does.

I am against getting ride of Williams though, he is a little more dynamic than Stew.

Williams didn't look great until we drafted another high quality back to split carries with. He's also the only of the two to miss actual game time.

There's also the very real possibility he just walks after next season. Why hasn't he been extended yet?

I fixed the typo, I did mean career.

All I'm saying is he has not missed playing when it counts, so you can't really call him injury prone. Sitting out camps and missing contact drills in practice during the week don't concern me much if he shows up on Sundays, which he does.

You might reconsider if DWill is gone and Stew gets turftoe in Week 2.

You might reconsider if DWill is gone and Stew gets turftoe in Week 2.

Sure, if Stew starts missing games, then it becomes a concern. But he hasn't yet. He obviously has a high pain tollerance. Missing contact drills in practice was a precaution taken by the coaches. I doubt he was begging out of practice.

Archived