• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New info on possible d-will trade

hoover fanz

it is now a possibility of D-WILL to SD for 1st rounder and DARREN SPROLES

I would certainly agree with a trade of that nature if it could be worked out.

However, i have found that most of the trade rumors we frequently hear are nothing but pure speculation with about 99 9/10 % of them never happening.

D-Will is one of my favorite players but we would be stupid to not take this trade. Sproles brings that same speed and quickness element to the backfield that D-Will does and he would instantly improve our return game. Stewart and Sproles would still be one of the best tandems in the league and we would still be able to tear defenses up with our O-line.

But, unless you have a link to a decent source, this is just someone's imagination and probably won't happen.

And you are a complete moron if you thank the FO is going to just going to trade one of the best young RBs in the league for a dumb ass first round pick and a used up RB in Sproles. My god some of your are acting like Dwill is 30 yrs old and is at his playing peak right now. Dwill is only 27 yrs old and has only been playing as starter for 2 years now. For the first 3 years of his carreer he was the backup to foster. He is still a fresh and ready to go back for the next 4-5 years before he starts to slow down for us. If the FO should trade Dwill out of no where then that would prove that the FO is just play nuts. WEe know Jstew is a beast of a back and all even when not 100%. But giving up Dwill and not convinced Jstew can stay healthy all the time is a big risk. Besides I really doubt the FO would really trade one of their stud RBs at this point even with the chances of a lockout. :rolleyes:

The people in here that are 100% opposed to trading Williams have the intelligence of a trilobite. That is the same mindset that gave an extension to Delhomme and Foster and also shows loyalty to an older player over the betterment of the team.

moving D-Will is the smart move. might not like it but its the smart play at this point.

We need a 1st rounder, we are deep at RB already so its an area we can afford to cut back at to get better elsewhere. With Sproules we'd have one of the best running attacks in NFL still(while avoiding Williams huge contract), you just may not like D-Will not in a Panther Uni, however you might get over it when you see Golden Tate, Dez Bryant or a stud DL rookie with that First Rounder.

And you are a complete moron if you thank the FO is going to just going to trade one of the best young RBs in the league for a dumb ass first round pick and a used up RB in Sproles. My god some of your are acting like Dwill is 30 yrs old and is at his playing peak right now. Dwill is only 27 yrs old and has only been playing as starter for 2 years now. For the first 3 years of his carreer he was the backup to foster. He is still a fresh and ready to go back for the next 4-5 years before he starts to slow down for us. If the FO should trade Dwill out of no where then that would prove that the FO is just play nuts. WEe know Jstew is a beast of a back and all even when not 100%. But giving up Dwill and not convinced Jstew can stay healthy all the time is a big risk. Besides I really doubt the FO would really trade one of their stud RBs at this point even with the chances of a lockout. :rolleyes:

how is sproles "used up"?

this is hilarious.

beware of:

A) those who have never posted on this board before and sign up to provide "inside info" on greg frye

B) those who have never posted on this board before and sign up to provide "inside info" on some crap trade speculation.

there are more than a few people on this board that have inside sources but choose not to blab about the info the know, or at least they are subtle about it. this level of blabbery is one big red flag.

And you are a complete moron if you thank the FO is going to just going to trade one of the best young RBs in the league for a dumb ass first round pick and a used up RB in Sproles.

Coming from an intellectual powerhouse such as yourself, this really stings. Also lol at the idea that Sproles is used up if Deangelo is young.

My god some of your are acting like Dwill is 30 yrs old and is at his playing peak right now. Dwill is only 27 yrs old and has only been playing as starter for 2 years now. For the first 3 years of his carreer he was the backup to foster.

1. He is at his peak, sorry.

2. He was only a backup for 2 years.

He is still a fresh and ready to go back for the next 4-5 years before he starts to slow down for us.

Not really. He didn't set the NCAA record for all-purpose yardage by being used sparingly at Memphis.

If the FO should trade Dwill out of no where then that would prove that the FO is just play nuts. WEe know Jstew is a beast of a back and all even when not 100%. But giving up Dwill and not convinced Jstew can stay healthy all the time is a big risk. Besides I really doubt the FO would really trade one of their stud RBs at this point even with the chances of a lockout. :rolleyes:

Thanks for that baseless speculation, I'm sure literally no one will put any stock into what you have said.

Archived