• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Milton Bradley

JakeFlake

As I sit here in my office, supposedly doing my mountain of charts/dictations, the local sportstalker is lit up discussing Milton's allegations or racism.

Certainly Cub fans are no different than any other city when it comes to its share of douchebag numbnuts that would send hate mail of a racist nature.

Sad.

I would also submit that many black athletes walk on water here, so you have to wonder how much was Milton, and how much was Chicago. More importantly, how much was brought on by Milton and his reaction to the fans. Dunno.

The dude flatout sucked. And is narcissistic, probably bipolar, and has been with like 8 teams in 12 years or something like that.

Dunno, but again I don't doubt the racist crap. I also don't doubt hate mail. Sadly, you have to expect the latter when you are a public figure, paid millions and you fail so spectacularily. What nobody deserves is the racial epithets.

Can't defend that, and it isn't the first time I've heard about that from Cub fans.

Makes me mad. And sad.

They don't need to go there, his performance on the field was worthy of the scorn, not the color of his skin. Duh.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/03/cubs-players-respond-to-bradleys-claims.html

Bradley brought Soriano's name into his complaints about Chicago, repeating the story that a Chicago waiter was badmouthing him, and adding that the waiter was badmouthing Soriano as well. Soriano said Bradley never mentioned the story to him and he doesn't get upset when he's criticized by Cubs fans.

"It's part of the game," Soriano said, "When I hit a homer, everybody's happy. When I strike out, the people boo. So it's 50-50. It's not hard to play there. I love it."

Archived