• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Falken Tires

Kurb

When I used to sell Rims way back in the day I used there drag slicks on my ricer. They are good for Drifting/Racing. Don't spend the money if you intend to use it for daily driving. Khumo's are good and not to pricey.

When I used to sell Rims way back in the day I used there drag slicks on my ricer. They are good for Drifting/Racing. Don't spend the money if you intend to use it for daily driving. Khumo's are good and not to pricey.

Apparently (just from what i have read) they are getting into "regular" car tires.

Friend from tire store giving me a pretty killer deal for the wifes Jetta....

Thanks for the opinions

Weird, I just stopped this past weekend and looked at Falken tires at Discount Tire for our Camry. I was very impressed with how they were made and the price was excellent. I was in the tire business for about 8 years and I will definitely be getting some for our car. Great tread design and the sidewalls seemed well made.

I don't think they have Falken listed but I always use www.tirerack.com to get reviews on tires. Great site.

Discount tire also has several reviews on tires if you can find the model you looked at.

I had Falkens on my last car and wasn't very happy with them. Let me caveat this by saying that I prefer very stiff sidewalls for handling and am willing to sacrifice a little comfort for that. I can't remember the model of the Flakens though, so my advice isn't that great. Goodyear Eagle F1 All Seasons are hands down the best tires I've ever had. Two different cars, and that's all I'll put on my current car. Carbon fiber reinforced sidewalls. Incredible handling in all conditions and I've always exceeded the expected life on every set I've owned.

A lot of Falkens are directional and I hate that poo. You get a little tire drift or whatever and you can't cross rotate them.

Anyways, cheap tire wise Coopers, Sumitomos, Toyos, and the like are all good. Bottom line the tire industry is depressed right now and you should at least be able to get 4 of whatever for the price of 3.

Don't let a tire shop upsell you struts, rotors and brakes, ball joints or what have you while they're dong the tires. If they go for the big upsell get a second opinion!

What makes a good sidewall Mr Rockets ?

Stiffness....basically push down on the tire (one that isn't on the rim) and see if it collapses easily. Also just grab the side wall and pull out on it and you should feel the difference between different tires. Like Mr. Beuaxjangles mentioned, the stiffer the sidewall, usually the stiffer the ride (yeah I know..."that's what she said"). Soft sidewalls are not a good thing in my opinion....I would rather have handling ability around corners and if you have to manuever around something.

Bottom line though is that most tire companies make good and bad tires depending on the model. Some of the best tires I have seen are made by Goodyear but some of the worst ones I have seen were made by Goodyear also.

Best advice I could give is search for the specific model # of the brand you are looking at on the internet and see if you can find some reviews by people that have that specific tire. And if the guy you are deadling with is a friend, he should be able to give an honest opinion of them to you.

Anyone had any experience with this brand of tire ?:driving:

I don' tknow if you are close to a Tire Kingdon, but they are having an incredible sale this weekend! Friday, Saturday & Sunday from 7-11Am, buy 2 tires and get 2 free. Falkens are included!

Here is their website!

http://www.tirekingdom.com

Huge Buy 2 Get 2 Free Event from March 11th to 14th from 7 to 11AM!

Tires*

Buy 2 Tires Get 2 Free on select tires from 7 AM to 11AM. Requires purchase of premium installation package and precision alignment.

From 11AM to close, Buy 3 Tires and Get 1 Free. Requires purchase of premium installation package and precision alignment.*

Cars, trucks, vans, wagons, SUV's! We have the right tire for you! Sale tires include:

Cooper Lifeliner GLS! An all season 60K miler for cars, wagons and minivans!

Falken ZE-329! 60K performance radials in sizes up to 18 inches!

Cooper Discoverer LSX! A premier 65K mile tire for trucks, vans and SUV's!

Yokohama AS530! A 60K performance tire.

Yokohama Geolandar HTS! A 60K tire for trucks, vans & SUV’s.

Yokohama TRZ! An 80K passenger tire.

Need more? Ask about our Buy 2 Get 2 free brand name all-terrain tires also available!

Terms and Conditions

* Buy 2 get 2 free tire sale valid on purchase of a set of four Cooper brand Lifeliner GLS, Discoverer LSX, Falken ZE-329 radials and select tire brands with purchase of four premium tire installation packages and a wheel alignment on same vehicle at time of purchase from 7 am to 11 am Thursday March 11, 2010 through Sunday March 14, 2010 ONLY. Buy 3 Get 1 Free tire sale valid on same product and dates from 11am to closing. No carryouts. Not valid with any other tire discount or offer. While supplies last. See store for details.

Archived