• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deangelo Williams... next......

invisible38833

NO WAY they will trade J. Stewart, he is the future RB of Carolina. And D. Willie is in his Prime for sure, but if Carolina was going to trade either player it would be D. Willie.

The Lions have already shown interest in Williams, but Marty Hurney said they might be willing to work out a deal if J. Stewart didn't already have his achilles problem.

But these are our 2 out of 3 all-star players on offense, so they aren't going anywhere for now.

D Will > 3 First round picks IMO...why give up such a great talent like that for an unproven prospect??

Future money,

1. He's in the last year of his rookie deal a 5 year 14.5 million dollar deal. He only makes 750k this season as well.

2. He's going to command a massive payday the next FA season and I'd say 90 % likely the panthers aren't going to give it to him, unless he takes a serious pay cut on his worth. I don't think he's going to do that after playing for as little as he has been.

3. He's had a relative light carry load in his NFL career, combined with his age when he's scheduled to be a FA makes trading him now more viable.

Yea he wants to stay here, but I don't think he wants to stay here enough to take the pay cut that he would need to take. You've got to think, they have Beason coming up, Davis, Kalil, Moore, and a host of other players that would be higher up on the resigning longterm list then a RB, when you already have a stable of capable backs behind him.

I don't think they pull it off, but it wouldn't be stupid to do so. Especially consider the chances of him going to another team in a year are good - great.

What Deangelo means to our teams philosophy and style could not be compensated by a 1st and a 2nd and I still don't think I would like it.

Word. We should keep Double Trouble as long as we can. Plus, DeWill is one of the best so far & it pathetic to get rid of him before he even turn 30. Remeber the Playoffs games against the Seahawks? Our RBs was pure crap after Davis, Foster, & Goings were hurt. I don't want that again if DeWill isn't here & Stewart get hurt. It nice we have Sutton & Goodson, but I just don't think they can carry the load big time like Double Trouble can.

chew on this...

with what seems like a new philosophy in the carolina, the chances of a contract extension for williams this offseason has decreased. if there is a lockout in 2011, carolina probably won't offer him a new contract after 2010 either. why? he'll be 29 at the start of the 2012 season...which means no long term contract from the panthers.

carolina will use williams in 2010 as a cheap insurance policy for stewart, then depending on his production deal him to another team or let him walk.

if williams was a smart business minded individual, he'd be pushing for a trade now.

We should never consider trading him regardless. He's the best player on our team no question. Not to mention, one of the best RB in the league. I dnt care what most of ya'll say but DWill is better then JStew, so y no threads about trading him instead????

okay so why not continue this issue. What would deangelo bring in terms of a draft pick? I think it could easily get us a first rounder back. Any thoughts? I could possibly see this happening since he has only one year left and stewart ran like a train in the last three games and sutton impressed everyone. For the record, i hate this idea, but i am just throwing it out for good conversation.

hell no!

Ima say the same thing that I've said in a previous thread on this same topic, if we do trade dwill I wouldn't mind trading him for detroits first and 3rd/4th but nothing less, we'd have the 2nd overall pick in the draft which lines us up to pick up either Ndamakund Suh or Gerald Mccoy to fill our "Lack" of talent at the DT position, then we could address the WR situation in the 2nd round (I still want Jordan Shipley with this pick) then address the DE position with our next pick, so if we did trade Dwill id generally prefer to trade him to detroit bc they have a 1st pick that is worth dwill. Not to mention Stewart can carry the load by himself, but id prefer to have dwill.

Just to answer your question:

The prospects of trading DeAngelo was discussed throughout the NFL rumor mill in mid to late February. The most frequently mentioned interested parties were Detroit and San Diego. Both speculated trade scenarios involved their first round picks for this year. Big diffrerence in slot. San Diego would likely have chipped in a third rounder as well. Again, this was all speculation and still is. Bust out your Google and you can find all the articles/blogs from a few weeks ago.

Just to answer your question:

The prospects of trading DeAngelo was discussed throughout the NFL rumor mill in mid to late February. The most frequently mentioned interested parties were Detroit and San Diego. Both speculated trade scenarios involved their first round picks for this year. Big diffrerence in slot. San Diego would likely have chipped in a third rounder as well. Again, this was all speculation and still is. Bust out your Google and you can find all the articles/blogs from a few weeks ago.

I was going to say something that goes along with this. With all the running back free agents on the market, and I'd say Deangelo is better than them all (but they would come cheaper), but he'd only be worth what someone is willing to give for him.

If I would want to trade him, hell fuggin no.

Archived