• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deangelo Williams... next......

invisible38833

Let's say he was a RFA...he would definately garner the 1st/3rd tender. Nothing less in my opinion.

Smitty is where you should be looking to get value while you still can.

*runs out of thread with people in chase w/ pitchforks*

Let's say he was a RFA...he would definately garner the 1st/3rd tender. Nothing less in my opinion.

Smitty is where you should be looking to get value while you still can.

*runs out of thread with people in chase w/ pitchforks*

As much as I hate to admit it...you're right. The only problem is we don't have anywhere close to a replacement for him at this time. We already have promising replacements for everyone else we cut or lost...aside from Lloyd. Has anyone even seen Baker kick off before?

Okay so why not continue this issue. What would Deangelo bring in terms of a draft pick? I think it could easily get us a first rounder back. Any thoughts? I could possibly see this happening since he has only one year left and Stewart ran like a train in the last three games and Sutton impressed everyone. For the record, I hate this idea, but I am just throwing it out for good conversation.

Trading any of the Panthers top players for a 1st round pick would piss me off and only compound the mistake made by Fox/Hurney last year. The organization needs to suck it up and deal with no round one pick this year.

...replacements? LOL... You're saying we have replacements for everyone we've cut?

Err... We drafted a RB last year, and found a gem in free agency there too...

Not to mention, the market of FA RBs out there right now is unimpressive to anyone wanting a young stud RB...

Williams would most certainly garner a 1st and 3rd this year if we traded him, and some teams would be willing to trade more than that...

The biggest issue here is that I don't know the Panthers would do it, but if they are willing, they could do it with no problem...

I didn't say they had to be stellar but they are starter material. I was reading an article today on nfl.com that stated RB is the deepest position in FA right now. Why trade away a first and a third when you can sign a former standout for 1 year relatively cheap, and grab a project back in the draft/a starter in next years draft.

Dont compare dumping Hoover to dumping D'Will. That isn't even comparable. Secondly D'Will is in his prime. We haven't cut T.D. or any other player coming up for money. I don't know who even suggested trading DW or JS but we didn't just draft these guys to trade em later. We drafted them to have the Best running game in the league. Which we arguable have.

I will be shocked if we traded him or Stewart for that matter

Okay so why not continue this issue. What would Deangelo bring in terms of a draft pick? I think it could easily get us a first rounder back. Any thoughts? I could possibly see this happening since he has only one year left and Stewart ran like a train in the last three games and Sutton impressed everyone. For the record, I hate this idea, but I am just throwing it out for good conversation.

I don't see a chance in hell of this happening.

Archived