• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brenson Buckner predicts....

invisible38833

It has been said many times that JR is more concerned about the health of the NFL than the health of individual franchises, including his own. I doubt he would contribute to the problem by selling now. It would be like a politician stepping down right before a party member was about to take office to be able to name a replacement. It just doesn't make sense.

It has been speculated on the Huddle that JR is more concerned with the NFL than his own franchise....please do not confuse our continued ramblings and bitching as legitimate sources.:thumbsup:

It has been speculated on the Huddle that JR is more concerned with the NFL than his own franchise....please do not confuse our continued ramblings and bitching as legitimate sources.:thumbsup:

I never cited any specific source there, just joined my own opinion with the many others that have expressed similar sentiment. I didn't claim to have any legitimacy to that statement other than observation. :P

I never cited any specific source there, just joined my own opinion with the many others that have expressed similar sentiment. I didn't claim to have any legitimacy to that statement other than observation. :P

got it....just responding to your statement that "It has been said by many". I took that more to mean that some experts had been saying that.

Just pointing out that we have no freaking clue what we are talking about....myself included.

Not the only one's that are saying that. Gantt has flat out said that's what Richardson is doing on his twitter.

You should be, because he is. RT @Pritchard_m Panthers fans are concerned that Jerry is putting on his NFL hat instead of his Panthers.

All this roster shuffling/contract ditching is making me think the Panthers aren't doing this solely to commit to youth. It appears to me this might be the Panthers way of preparing for the uncapped season, and potential lockout on the horizon. Go inexpensive, short term deals, and let the chips fall where they may.

There's more out there, Most of the beat writers think that's whats going on. Word is that Hoover was mad at Harris for breaking the news of his release over twitter.

It's generally a wide consensus that JR is doing two things.

1. Preparing for the lockout by lowering payroll as much as physically possible while keeping the young core together as cheaply as possible.

2. Playing hardball with the players union by spending as little money as possible and convincing other teams to do the same thing. Trying to force the players into dropping to 42% of rev instead of 62% of revenue.

That JR is setting this team up for sale. I listend to this and wondered... he has a logical thought process. All the big contracts and older players getting kicked to the curb, the team will be about $40MM under last year's salary cap and they will be very young with a lame duck coach and GM. How easy is that for a new owner to come along and mold his own squad. I don't know if want to believe it 100%, but I do think it warrants discussion. JR did fire his sons, he is up there in age and he might want to cash things in once the labor agreement is finalized (or maybe before). The NFL is still a strong league and I have to think a lot of folks would love to buy the team, especially in the current state it is in. So lets began the conversation shall we?

I don't even listen to frank and buck anymore, they both swore up and down that Jake was going to start this season and we all know how spot on that was.

Archived