• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brenson Buckner predicts....

invisible38833

I honestly don't know how WFNZ could go on without this site, at least when it's football season. I know things I've said have been repeated by either Frank or Buck nearly word for word at least three times in the past. They're the worst when it comes to blatantly stealing topic ideas from posters here. At least Mac and Packer are slicker by at least rewording what's said here.

That JR is setting this team up for sale. I listend to this and wondered... he has a logical thought process. All the big contracts and older players getting kicked to the curb, the team will be about $40MM under last year's salary cap and they will be very young with a lame duck coach and GM. How easy is that for a new owner to come along and mold his own squad. I don't know if want to believe it 100%, but I do think it warrants discussion. JR did fire his sons, he is up there in age and he might want to cash things in once the labor agreement is finalized (or maybe before). The NFL is still a strong league and I have to think a lot of folks would love to buy the team, especially in the current state it is in. So lets began the conversation shall we?

Um didn't someone else suggest this...say...me?:D

I honestly think the reason behind all these cuts and throwing out the old guys i for 2 reason. Clearing cap for future reasons and JR preparing just in case of a possible lockoout 2011. But I really don't think he is going to sell a franchise that took him years to build just destroy it and sell just because of age. Besides even if his sons ain't working for him no more. They are still him sons. Once JR dies then his Wife and sons will get control of the panthers later on. The panthers are not going no where. So don't worry so much.:aureola:

It has been said many times that JR is more concerned about the health of the NFL than the health of individual franchises, including his own. I doubt he would contribute to the problem by selling now. It would be like a politician stepping down right before a party member was about to take office to be able to name a replacement. It just doesn't make sense.

Archived