• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brenson Buckner predicts....

invisible38833

That JR is setting this team up for sale. I listend to this and wondered... he has a logical thought process. All the big contracts and older players getting kicked to the curb, the team will be about $40MM under last year's salary cap and they will be very young with a lame duck coach and GM. How easy is that for a new owner to come along and mold his own squad. I don't know if want to believe it 100%, but I do think it warrants discussion. JR did fire his sons, he is up there in age and he might want to cash things in once the labor agreement is finalized (or maybe before). The NFL is still a strong league and I have to think a lot of folks would love to buy the team, especially in the current state it is in. So lets began the conversation shall we?

I can definitely see the argument. I don't think its the case, but won't discount the possibility of it happening. Then again, many of the recent actions would be made by an owner expecting a lockout next year. Lose the terrible contracts, get rid of players too old to sit out a year.

I completely disagree. The Panthers have been the crown jewel in his life's work. He's not the type of owner that would give that up, especially not in the last stages of life.

There have been plenty of firesales in the past that didn't end up with teams being sold. On the contrary, owners that are looking to sell try to swoop in and collect as many top-tier players as possible to make the team more attractive to potential buyers.

I respect Buck's opinion when it comes to guys he played with, but he has no experience in this matter that makes him an expert over anyone else.

I can definitely see the argument. I don't think its the case, but won't discount the possibility of it happening. Then again, many of the recent actions would be made by an owner expecting a lockout next year. Lose the terrible contracts, get rid of players too old to sit out a year.

Quit being coy, Mr. Soon to be one of 32

That JR is setting this team up for sale. I listend to this and wondered... he has a logical thought process. All the big contracts and older players getting kicked to the curb, the team will be about $40MM under last year's salary cap and they will be very young with a lame duck coach and GM. How easy is that for a new owner to come along and mold his own squad. I don't know if want to believe it 100%, but I do think it warrants discussion. JR did fire his sons, he is up there in age and he might want to cash things in once the labor agreement is finalized (or maybe before). The NFL is still a strong league and I have to think a lot of folks would love to buy the team, especially in the current state it is in. So lets began the conversation shall we?

LINK PLEASE. I mean i know who Brentson Buckner is but i doubt this is a real prediction. I think it is yet another chicken little saying the sky is falling.

Archived