• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you think we'll ever find a way to stop people from aging?

SmootsDaddy89

Not possible, biologically speaking. Life/Death are really just the same long, drawn out process. As our medical technology increases our lifespans will become longer, but we will never be ageless. Unless you are somehow able to keep replacing dead cells.

It really does -- especially when you consider how many recent films play on aging and time (Curious Case of Benjamin Button, The Time Traveler's Wife, -- okay, so I can only remember those two right now, but I swear there have been more recently).

The Island had the cloned organ donating theme.

As our medical technology increases our lifespans will become longer, but we will never be ageless. Unless you are somehow able to keep replacing dead cells.

With the aforementioned stem cells?

The Island had the cloned organ donating theme.

I didn't see that one. Isn't that based on an Aldous Huxley novel?

That would be sweet. Obviously not everyone would be able to enjoy the benefits though. Overpopulation and all that. Only important people.

It would actually be an awesome strategy for stressing the importance of staying in school.

"Stay in school and you wont ever die!!!"

David Copperfield has this covered :D

I've discovered a true phenomenon… You can take dead leaves, they come in contact with the water, they become full of life again… Bugs or insects that are near death, come in contact with the water, they'll fly away. It's an amazing thing, very, very exciting."

http://www.hecklerspray.com/david-copperfield-discovers-the-fountain-of-youth-literally/20064460.php

it depends on what your definition of aging is. One of my current heros: Ray Kurzweil, believes and stated man and machine will become one aka singularity. Therefore you could live forever in a sense. This guy is a icon with a unreal ability to forecast what the future holds. I normally laugh at 99.9% of all "brilliant people" that make nutty claims and tard-like predictions. Unlike all of them, Kurzweil has made crazy insane statements and each turned out to be true numerous times. thus giving him some sort of credit. He is very serious about this, he takes about 100(i take about 25, cannt see how he does it) supplements per day and has the world best anti-aging doctors working for him.

depending on who you ask, they will either call him a beyond brilliant person or a loon.

heres a good read, must be viewed with a open mind. http://www.singularity.com/KurzweilFuturist.pdf

i find this stuff beyond interesting

• 2 weeks later...

Archived