• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Opinion on competitive multiplayer tactics

Doc Holiday

Ok so I'm playing MW2 tonight and none of my friends that I normally play with are on, so playing by myself I start playing like I normally do and quickly realize that my teammates cannot be trusted, they not only don't check any flanks but over run the other teams spawn causing them to spawn behind us right off the back giving them the better position on the map.

While this is happening I have a rough start at first because of this and 2 different guys on my team complain that I'm negative ATM even though we were winning, long story short words were exchanged I finished the match pretty well 1 kill shy of a 2.0 kd.

And the next match I'm on the other team playing agaist both of them, short version I kick they're ass and finish with a 4-1 kd and give out the obligitory "how bout dem apples" and they complain about me using the noob tube and rockets even though I only used them for 3 of my 20 kills, and then in the next match I use my sniping class and do the same, I come out and and ask him "how about that now" and they complain about me camping and then leave.

So my question is what tactics piss you off, with those guys it was anything that killed them. With me it's noob tube spaming ruins the game IMO, started using the tube myself just to counter it.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

For teamwork, Bad Company 2.

But I know what you are talking about. I have a bunch of guys i play MW2 with. I always did better when they were in the game because we helped each other out. It got to the point where I only played when those guys were on.

I have always been a fan of teamwork oriented MP games. I don't think MW2 has any real focus on teamwork.

This is why MW2 has been sitting in it's case since last Tuesday.

In the vast majority of my experience with MW2, teammates are simply the people you don't have to worry about while you're going on a 50 kill super nuke knife streak and screaming obscenities through the headset.

If you're looking for a team based experience with random people, MW2 is not a good place to look. Have you tried MAG for PS3?

For teamwork, Bad Company 2.

But I know what you are talking about. I have a bunch of guys i play MW2 with. I always did better when they were in the game because we helped each other out. It got to the point where I only played when those guys were on.

I have always been a fan of teamwork oriented MP games. I don't think MW2 has any real focus on teamwork.

This is why MW2 has been sitting in it's case since last Tuesday.

MW2 is halo2/3 with a different skin.

BFBC2 forces a minor bit of teamwork and is a better game IMO.

I killed 2 people last night by destroying a building, thats just good wholesome fun right there.

Ok so I'm playing MW2 tonight and none of my friends that I normally play with are on, so playing by myself I start playing like I normally do and quickly realize that my teammates cannot be trusted, they not only don't check any flanks but over run the other teams spawn causing them to spawn behind us right off the back giving them the better position on the map.

While this is happening I have a rough start at first because of this and 2 different guys on my team complain that I'm negative ATM even though we were winning, long story short words were exchanged I finished the match pretty well 1 kill shy of a 2.0 kd.

And the next match I'm on the other team playing agaist both of them, short version I kick they're ass and finish with a 4-1 kd and give out the obligitory "how bout dem apples" and they complain about me using the noob tube and rockets even though I only used them for 3 of my 20 kills, and then in the next match I use my sniping class and do the same, I come out and and ask him "how about that now" and they complain about me camping and then leave.

So my question is what tactics piss you off, with those guys it was anything that killed them. With me it's noob tube spaming ruins the game IMO, started using the tube myself just to counter it.

Thoughts?

You care what the XBL community thinks ?:rofl:

If you're playing with only friends, and you guys have a made up set of rules about what's "cheap" or whatever, then I guess that's all you.

But it's part of the game, and you should do what it takes to win. Especially against a bunch of raging 12 year olds doing the exact same thing to win.

Noob tube those idiots into oblivion, and ride it to glorious victory. It's only cheap because they have no idea how to deal with it.

People care way to much about their K/D on MW2 and in most first person shooters. You get into a lobby after destroying someone in demolition and they talk about how they are positive and you're negative. I'm like you just got 2 0'ed and you're talking poo? Your K/D should never matter in objective games.

If you're playing with only friends, and you guys have a made up set of rules about what's "cheap" or whatever, then I guess that's all you.

But it's part of the game, and you should do what it takes to win. Especially against a bunch of raging 12 year olds doing the exact same thing to win.

Noob tube those idiots into oblivion, and ride it to glorious victory. It's only cheap because they have no idea how to deal with it.

Pistol in Halo1 comes to mind.

Me and my college buddies had a no pistol rule. :lol:

You care what the XBL community thinks ?:rofl:

Care what they think? fug no.

Take the opportunity to talk smack and make an example out of a couple of idiots just because I can? Hell yes.

On COD4 I would use a scorpion(worse gun in the game for those that don't know) whenever some one started bitching about a gun I was using just to show them the gun had nothing to do with why they lost.

People care way to much about their K/D on MW2 and in most first person shooters. You get into a lobby after destroying someone in demolition and they talk about how they are positive and you're negative. I'm like you just got 2 0'ed and you're talking poo? Your K/D should never matter in objective games.

Hey I don't remember if I still have you on

my friend list or not but if you want someone else to play demo

with hit me up with a friends request or an invite some time..

After that last match I played "Free for All" should be renamed "An Adventure Into the World of Extreme Camping!"

12 people in the room and only 1 person other then myself was moving, the other 10 were camping in their special corner guns and claymores aimed at the closes spawn point to them or Door, after dying off the spawn for the 5th straight time by 5 different people I felt it was time to leave.

Archived