• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kasey is all but gone right? or is he gonna do kickoffs again?

grateflday

He's still money under 50 yards. If you guys knew how hard that was to find, since we've never not had it, then you'd be a lot more hyped about keeping him.

When guys like this are kicking in the league:

Nick Folk - 18/28

Mason Crosby - 27/36

Kris Brown - 21/32

Josh Scobee - 18/28

Then Kasay has a job all day long at 50/58 the past two years.

Hell, if John Carney can still kick at 45 and keep a job then Kasay is good to go. You'd be surprised at how many teams would want Kasay as soon as we cut him.

We're just going to have to sign another guy to do kickoffs. It shouldn't be a problem. They're a hell of a lot easier to find than guys who can kick 85% on field goals.

Kasay will not leave, he will retire on his own time because Panthers, at this point, cannot afford to pay him out his contract and not have him playing. Obviously as you have read, I am a huge LLOYD fan and I think they originally wanted Lloyd to take over all the duties, but Foxy is too loyal to his guys (well has been up until this year) that he didn't want to even give Lloyd a shot. Also I have watched in a few games and it seemed to me that Lloyd was warming up for long field goals and they never put him in. Lloyd at camp kicked field goals and rarely missed...so not sure they would bring in someone to compete for the full time job against Kasay. Baker will prob do kickoffs bc that is what seems most economical now and Bakers agent, who's also Lloyd's, said he would be handling kickoffs as of right now.

I feel it is time for John Kasay to retire. I would like to see the Panthers sign Neil Rackers from the Cardinals. He would be my high profile FA signing this year. He is accurate, and has the distance to kick off or kick long FG tries.

I would not be upset if Baker were replaced either.

I do not see the youth movement being a negative. So far, all of the players either released, non tendered or walked away via FA are guys on the downside of their careers. Why not replace them with players that have upside?

A lot of people were upset with them cutting Hoover. I like Hoover a lot, but he is 33 and missed some games last year due to injury. He may have another year left in him, but the FB position is being phased out by just about every team in the NFL. This was a good time to replace him with someone that has some upside and future.

kasay is money. no way he's gone. have you guys thought that maybe they let rhys go because of a money thing? and maybe they'll sign him back after the draft perhaps? either way, they'll have someone else doing kickoffs, and they'll keep both of their kickers, cause neither kasay or baker deserve the boot... not yet anyway.

Archived