• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You heard it here first

invisible38833

I posted on Saturday that Hoover was next. I guess I was right even when I didn't want to be. Wow, this is a clear indication that Richardson is righting whatever wrong he thinks he needs. But... to even put a team on the field next year we still need at least 1 QB, 1WR, and 1DE to at least feel like we can compete. This is my prediction for Carolina:

They will sign Josh McNown again and draft a QB later in the draft

They will sign Torry Holt (Moose reincarnated)

They will sign Marquis Daniels and look for a hometown discount since he and his wife own a business here in Charlotte.

They will then sign a few under the radar folks that won't break the bank and go into next year with a weaker schedule and hope that will be enough to compete at higher level. This may be the first year that not a lot of people around here will be very excited about camp unless you like to see the young people get after it!

It's Josh McCown, btw...

Anywho, I don't see them going for Torry Holt. He is too old and the Panthers are obviously unhappy with the older guys this year. I still believe they'll be looking for a young WR via the draft. They may even like what they saw from Jarrett this year. I don't think the front office cares too much about any of the remaining free agents on the market, unless no other teams are interested or they can just get a heck of a deal.

Archived