• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vodka and Dr. Pepper...

The Link

Damn I've been masturbating for all the wrong reasons. :(

Again, some of us enjoy the journey. :D

Seriously, beer, spirits and wine should be enjoyed and savored. I do understand that many just like to get wasted, and that's fine. But do you eat solely for sustenance, or do you choose meals that you will really appreciate?

I was just writing the other day that I think the majority of beer drinkers don't like the taste of beer -- they just like the effect it provides.

or you're drinking it too fast. like i said, that was my problem, and i would frequently be hung over the next day from having too many double talls. when i switched it took me a few straight drinks to get used to the kick, but now i savor it. nothin' better than a chilled jameson in this man's opinion.

I find (and someone's probably written about this before) that people who take shots or drink liquor straight don't know how to breathe properly. I know that sounds funny, but there's a way to breathe that greatly limits the burn from liquor. You still get that nice warmth going down, without any sort of gagging or choking from the alcohol.

Basically, I just take it down and breathe out very slowly through my nose. If you breathe back in heavily through your mouth, it's going to burn. That's why you see people coughing and what-not after a simple shot or sip of liquor.

This may be common knowledge to many of you -- I was never much of a liquor drinker, so imagine how happy I was when I "learned" to drink bourbon for the first time.

Mtn. Dew and Gin. Used to work in a restaurant and would mix the syrup with tonic water and gin, tasted just like honeysuckle. But I was sick for two days after and haven't mixed liquor of any kind with soda since. Haven't had Gin in about 24 years. Shots only for me when I drink.

Archived