• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Before tonight I had 0 tickets.

neverlosethefeeling

The cops I've met are just like everybody else, some are nice some are asses... it happens. The first ticket I ever got when I was 16 the cop was a complete ass. I deserved the ticket, and I didn't argue it, but he was just a complete jerk. I was stopped again by a state trooper when I was 19, I was clearly speeding, it was late and I had a car full of buddies and he just asked me if I'd been drinking... I hadn't, and he let me off with a warning to slow down. I've had a couple of other run-ins with cops where they've been jerks or been really nice... like I said, they're just like everyone else.

As far as you following him and then him stopping you, I definitely think a lawyer would do you some good... obviously you were wrong for speeding, but so was he.

I think I'll probably give a lawyer a call just because the PJC class costs the same as the speeding ticket would. So, if a lawyer could get me off for less than $150 given the circumstances then it would require me to not have to use my PJC or have the insurance/license points that would be optimal. Otherwise I'll just pay my $150 for the PJC class to avoid, at least, the insurance/license points.

Everything else, after reading about it, I'm pretty confident will be dismissed so long as I have it all taken care of before my court date.

Sucks man. I go to court Friday for a 70 in a 55. Fortunately he didn't clock me a few minutes earlier because I know I was going 80.

Anyways, first ticket in 12 years. 99% chance that with a good streak like that it will be reduced and not affect my insurance. What really sucks is that I have to flip the OPEN sign at my business to CLOSED for the day, $160 out of my pocket and who-knows-how-much lost business.

I've been more careful since. :D

By commenting that you chose not to comment on this thread, didn't you technically comment on this thread?

no! commenting about how many speeding tickets I've had in the past and how long it's been since I've had one...that would be....DOH!

We all know speeding is just a racket to get an influx in money for the city/county, wherever. You can usually tell how greedy a place is by how gestapo their cops are--like if they'll nail you for five over the limit; usually something like that would be thrown out, but they take the chance (and are right a lot of the time) that you just won't bother.

(Disclaimer: this is all probably tinfoil hat bullshit, but I simply hate speeding tickets--and parking tickets, for that matter. Don't even get me started on the Parking Nazis at Clemson)

Don't tease me! You have to share now.

not sure how the system work in the USA...but in Canada...you get your license and it has 15 points on it...you lose the points when you get traffic tickets...typically 2 or 3 points per ticket, or more depending on severity. 3 years after getting the ticket, it falls off your license and you get the points back. Twice when I was younger, I had to take a defensive driving course, which gives you 3 bonus points, to save my license. I have to admit though, most of the tickets I got were nowhere near as bad as when I wasn't caught!

Worst one...and I swear this is 100% true....the Tuesday night before my wedding, my buddy and I were both riding ZX-1100 Ninjas and we decided to make a run for the movie...my bride to be on the back of my back, her maid of honor on his. We took off at high speed and the cop finally caught us in a construction zone full of loose gravel. We were clocked all over the map, but the highest he had us was about 250k in a 90 zone...which is about 150 mph in a 55 zone! I thought we were off to jail, but all he gave us was a strong warning and a ticket for speeding in the construction zone...$75!

Now I've got 4. Allow me to explain.

I was driving on 485 from Matthews back to my place in the University area. Hop on the interstate and see this car speeding so I think to myself "Well, I found my cheetah!" and began to follow him. My sister is in the car with me and she says to me "You should slow down," to which I respond "I know where the cops like to sit...they're not gonna catch me ridin' dirty!"

About a mile later, this fugger turns his lights on (he's still in front of me), switches to the right lane, and then gets behind me again in the left lane. And I think to myself "What a wonderful world." Just kidding. I thought "Oh fug."

Turns out my registration was over due, inspection past due, and I left my license at home like a moron.

At the bowling alley, they were giving everyone bracelets based on if they were 21 or not. I got a bright orange bracelet meaning I was not 21 and can not drink. He's sees the bracelet on my arm, asks what it is, my sister and I both give him the same story, yet he still gives me a field sobriety test. I'm pretty sure nothing was slurred about my speech, neither my sister or I had had a drop of alcohol to drink, so there was no smell of it anywhere, yet he still gave me a field sobriety test.

About me not having my license: I was able to give him 2 different forms of photo ID (a debit card and my school ID), and then gave him my full name, my S.S. number, birthdate, and my actual license number. He still didn't believe I was who I said I was. Personally, if I'm able to give you all of that information--and really, how many people know their license number--and you can see it's not revoked or expired or anything, then why give me a ticket for that? Ghey.

Can I also say he was a complete d-bag. And I respect cops for everything they do and understand that sometimes people lie to them and whatever, which warrants some d-bagedness. But unless I gave you a reason to think I've lied or something, then don't be a d-bag.

Great night!

I wonder if there is a cop discussion forum somewhere where he is posting about you ;)

Were you 100% respectful and humble with the cop?

Anyway, if I am the cop I am annoyed that you are riding my ass, and red flags are going up all over the place for no license and registration. Stolen car, drug runner, etc etc

The cop had every right to be a dick and the situation probably warranted it. He probably thought it was a more serious situation and was just doing his job.

I am no fan of cops and assume that if I come into contact with one it isn't meant to be pleasant.

The only time I got pulled over, i was driving drunk trying to steal signs in a crack neighborhood with open containers in the car. And the cop let me go and let me keep the beer. So some cops are cool!

Oh and get a lawyer. Great chance you will get off if he tracked your speed without radar and you were behind him.

Good luck@

Archived