• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Before tonight I had 0 tickets.

neverlosethefeeling

Now I've got 4. Allow me to explain.

I was driving on 485 from Matthews back to my place in the University area. Hop on the interstate and see this car speeding so I think to myself "Well, I found my cheetah!" and began to follow him. My sister is in the car with me and she says to me "You should slow down," to which I respond "I know where the cops like to sit...they're not gonna catch me ridin' dirty!"

About a mile later, this fugger turns his lights on (he's still in front of me), switches to the right lane, and then gets behind me again in the left lane. And I think to myself "What a wonderful world." Just kidding. I thought "Oh fug."

Turns out my registration was over due, inspection past due, and I left my license at home like a moron.

At the bowling alley, they were giving everyone bracelets based on if they were 21 or not. I got a bright orange bracelet meaning I was not 21 and can not drink. He's sees the bracelet on my arm, asks what it is, my sister and I both give him the same story, yet he still gives me a field sobriety test. I'm pretty sure nothing was slurred about my speech, neither my sister or I had had a drop of alcohol to drink, so there was no smell of it anywhere, yet he still gave me a field sobriety test.

About me not having my license: I was able to give him 2 different forms of photo ID (a debit card and my school ID), and then gave him my full name, my S.S. number, birthdate, and my actual license number. He still didn't believe I was who I said I was. Personally, if I'm able to give you all of that information--and really, how many people know their license number--and you can see it's not revoked or expired or anything, then why give me a ticket for that? Ghey.

Can I also say he was a complete d-bag. And I respect cops for everything they do and understand that sometimes people lie to them and whatever, which warrants some d-bagedness. But unless I gave you a reason to think I've lied or something, then don't be a d-bag.

Great night!

Ive been driving about 24 years... I have averaged one ticket a year. More than half of those came before turning 25 years old.

I feel your pain. If you go to the magistrate and show your license, the no license ticket will get thrown out. Seems the guy was a prick and just wanted to give you a hard time.

Worst (meaning useless) ticket I ever got was 30mph in a 25. I was skipping school and I think the officer knew I was. I went to court and they threw it out. The judge was cool and was actually upset at the officer for wasting his time, and the court's time.

Get an attorney...

pete

Yeah I figured they'd throw out the license ticket if I just show them my license. And I'm pretty confident after reading stuff online that updating my registration and getting the inspection done will get those dismissed as well. And I can use a prayer for judgment for my speeding ticket.

And I'm not trying to be a butthole or anything here, but don't cops have to follow the traffic laws like the rest of us unless they're responding to a call or chasing after someone or something else in the line of duty? This cop was just driving on the highway. No sirens, no lights, nothing. And yes I know there are some calls that you probably wouldn't want to have sirens or lights on (burglary, robbery, etc.), but if he was going on one of those, why would you then pull me over? So methinks he was just driving around.

And before any of you think I'm a moron for chasing a police car, it was an unmarked car...no lights on top or anything. And like I said, I was driving behind him because I saw him going fast so I decided to use him has my cheetah.

And I'm not trying to be a butthole or anything here, but don't cops have to follow the traffic laws like the rest of us unless they're responding to a call or chasing after someone or something else in the line of duty? This cop was just driving on the highway. No sirens, no lights, nothing. And yes I know there are some calls that you probably wouldn't want to have sirens or lights on (burglary, robbery, etc.), but if he was going on one of those, why would you then pull me over? So methinks he was just driving around.

Technically, yes their supposed to, but under the premise of the fact that there's nobody to watch them, they'll roll through stops, red lights, they'll park illegally, and flash their sirens if they're in the middle of slow moving traffic so everybody gets out of their way. Youtube jimmy justice if you're looking for a little piece of mind.

And before any of you think I'm a moron for chasing a police car, it was an unmarked car...no lights on top or anything. And like I said, I was driving behind him because I saw him going fast so I decided to use him has my cheetah.

The unmarked ones are usually crown vics, at least where I live. I try my best to avoid cops on the road, and, to be on the safe side, any crown victoria, especially one that is black or navy blue. Tinted windows are also a red flag on those.

If one's in front, I never ride as close behind them as I do a normal car, and I try to find an alternate route to turn off of to get to my destination. If, worse, they end up behind me I stay under the speed limit at all costs (which is annoying considering I have a heavy foot in general) and make sure i come to a complete stop at signs. I try to be as careful as possible, you never know what kind of mood the guy's in and if he wants to be a dick and pull you over for one little mistake he can. I rolled through one stop sign in my entire driving career and ended up getting a ticket for it.

Technically, yes their supposed to, but under the premise of the fact that there's nobody to watch them, they'll roll through stops, red lights, they'll park illegally, and flash their sirens if they're in the middle of slow moving traffic so everybody gets out of their way. Youtube jimmy justice if you're looking for a little piece of mind.

The unmarked ones are usually crown vics, at least where I live. I try my best to avoid cops on the road, and, to be on the safe side, any crown victoria, especially one that is black or navy blue. Tinted windows are also a red flag on those.

If one's in front, I never ride as close behind them as I do a normal car, and I try to find an alternate route to turn off of to get to my destination. If, worse, they end up behind me I stay under the speed limit at all costs (which is annoying considering I have a heavy foot in general) and make sure i come to a complete stop at signs. I try to be as careful as possible, you never know what kind of mood the guy's in and if he wants to be a dick and pull you over for one little mistake he can. I rolled through one stop sign in my entire driving career and ended up getting a ticket for it.

Do they have radars in the back of their cars? My point in the whole "don't cops have to obey traffic laws too?" was that he was going faster than I was, hence my using him as a cheetah. And he was driving in front of me so I guess he must've either had a radar in the back of his car or used his speed to judge my speed which seems a little crappy because I got in trouble for it and he didn't. Nice double standard for ya.

And yeah, this was a dodge charger. I couldn't even tell it was a charger because it was after 11:00pm but I do know that highway patrol does like to use the charger as an unmarked car. I don't even think I could've told you it was a dodge when I was driving behind it but when he pulled away after we were through I was like "Doh. You idiot!" I just couldn't tell that it was a charger.

When he came back to my car with the ticket, my sister asked him if I would be eligible for the prayer for judgment class and he said "Ma'am, I can't give any legal advice."

So then I said "Well, can you at least verify that there's no reason I wouldn't be able to use it?" And he said "I didn't look at your criminal record." I'm pretty sure that's a bunch of BULLPOOEY! I don't think there's any way that an officer/trooper pulls someone over and DOESN'T check to see if they have an outstanding warrants or something like that.

The more I talk about this, the more I get in a "Stick it to the man" kind of mood. This isn't good.

Been driving for almost 30 years and I've gotten two speeding tickets. And I've only been in one accident!

:rolleyes:

I'm just saying he could have seized your plates and had you find an alternate mode of transportation home. If he let you drive away I'd say you ended up ok. To me he was just being thorough...of course if it happened to me I'd be livid just like you. :)

He definitely threatened to arrest me when I told him that I left my license at home. And I guess that's the kind of poo I'm talking about. Don't threaten to arrest an obviously nervous kid who's doing nothing but complying and being respectful. If you're going to arrest me, then arrest me, but don't play with me about it.

I'm not even really livid... just looking back on it I thought he was a little arrogant.

I'm pretty certain that all my tickets will get dismissed, too. My mom's been really cool about it (she pays my insurance, and it's the car she bought for me so technically her car) which I'm very thankful for.

Let's see, expired tag, expired inspection, no license on you, driving like a bat out of hell. Hmm. How dare he look for more wrong stuff. Lolol. That entrapment spiel might work, but I doubt it, especially if it was a trooper and not a local cop.

You might want to review this page:

DMV Suspensions and Revocations

Pay specific attention to the parts:

30 days - driving any vehicle more than 15 mph over the speed limit, if you are driving at a speed higher than 55 mph. (ie 70 in a 55)

>30 days, determined by judge - A conviction for speeding over 75 mph

They got me back in 2000 for the >75 one while driving in SC. I was doing 77 in a 55. He hit his lights <200 yards after I passed into the 55 zone for Greenville. I was slowing down to maintain my 10-12 over that I usually run on the interstate. It's been my experience that people don't truly appreciate the meaning of "driving privilege" until it's revoked. Even with a lawyer, my license was limited to "for work only" for 3 months. Maybe I would have done better with a preacher's "prayer for judgement", IDK.

If you're in a position that could get your license suspended, you definitely need a good lawyer. Obviously, you need to clear up that registration and inspection issues before court.

edit - I see you were 15 over and above 55

Archived